Agnostic.com

67 7

Would you settle with a religious person or just stay single?

This doesn’t necessarily mean Christians, but any person who follow a particular organized religions, including Muslims and so on. Hahaha! I’d probably just stay single unless the person was very considerate and could accept me for me, but I know that’s very rare as that person would feel the need to save me from some type of punishment so they’d try to convert me.

EmeraldJewel 7 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I want to be single a while anyway, but I'm pretty sure I could only settle down with another athiest/agnost, However when Matisyahu realizes I exist and dumps that 20 something gf.... I will reevaluate the decision.

Stay single. I have witnessed so many bad outcomes for people settling for a partner that is not of the same standards of intellect or reason I have no desire even wonder down that path. Two days ago a friend (not a theist) asked me if I would consider having sex with a theist. My honest answer was, No. Even if she had a smoking hot body, I have no desire to waste my time with a theist.

As long as they would be accepting of others having different beliefs it would be no problem for me. Does get discouraging always having to swipe left when someone's profile states their partner 'must be a man of god'.

Nope. No more superstitious people in my life. It's too heartbreaking to watch them!

No more religious women for me ever again with Agnostics.com the dating pool has widened for us tremendously.

I have, and won't do it again.

Single for eternity before religious wackiness.

Settle? Maybe had I not ever experienced what it is like to be w/ someone who is non-religious. But knowing what that is like.. I know that I can’t. I won’t. There’s too much to be said, pondered & talked about than to spend time with someone that wouldn’t want to converse about either of our sincerely held beliefs & opinions & non-judgementally as well.

BenR Level 3 Sep 26, 2018

Stay single, unless every other thing about the individual kind of overrides it. I've dated mostly atheists/agnostics, but with theists, I couldn't handle a pushy one constantly talking about saving me or whatever.

As always, it depends on the person.

Stay single!

I would stay single. I can't deal. It would be a huge bump in the relationship.

A lesbian following any of the Abrahamic religions (and a few others as well) has too high a likelihood of being too full of religion-based self-loathing over her own sexuality for me to be able to connect with.

Single...as I am Polyamorous it would present way too many spiritual challenges for someone who is religious...they would be torn between being free and feeling guilty for being free. Went through that with the last wife and she could never reconcile it...on one hand she loved her freedom but would constantly try to "save me"...from what ? She made no sense. She was a split personality and couldn't let go.

I would just stay single, PERIOD. I will and have dated religious women and will continue to do so. I do not date women for religious reasons, or any reason other than the contact that we are able to share for our mutual benefit and enjoyment. If it works, it works. If not, it is what it is.

Just stay single.
Happily.

If they're willing to show the same respect and consideration for my non-belief that I will for their belief, yes - no problem.

Jnei Level 8 Sep 17, 2018

Religion does not have to be an issue.

For me, I'd rather bring a date to a dance than to go alone.

If I thought that person was so beautiful that I may could convince her of the truth..... and save her from wasted time of their lives..... but if the brainwashing is too deep, I would rather stay single

My -ex is so annoying. He is a self-righteous, judgmental, hypocritical, bigoted Christian. So, I am staying single.

My ex...while raised religious, she was not particularly religious when we met and even the first few years of our marriage, found religion after our first child, all downhill from there. Abusive towards me because I wouldn't convert, change my views to match hers, for years. Of course depends on the person, but I certainly wouldn't step on that field again.

Nope.

Probably stay single but it may just depend on the person and their level of involvement in their religion, it would definitely be a serious consideration. Religion and politics are usually the two primary deal breakers for me.

It depends on the person I am gonna marry. Some people don't mind their partner's beliefs and don't insist to follow their path. I would only marry if the girl is that kind, or atheist /agnostic

I would not ever settle with someone who follows an organized religion that has any exclusivity in its dogma. I am not currently aware of an organized religion without dogma, but I'm not omniscient, so that's the best I can answer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:181216
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.