Agnostic.com

67 7

Would you settle with a religious person or just stay single?

This doesn’t necessarily mean Christians, but any person who follow a particular organized religions, including Muslims and so on. Hahaha! I’d probably just stay single unless the person was very considerate and could accept me for me, but I know that’s very rare as that person would feel the need to save me from some type of punishment so they’d try to convert me.

EmeraldJewel 7 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments (51 - 67)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would stay single

Living with another person is very difficult, then when you get older....just trying to stay alive and staying out of a nursing home becomes an every day problem....keep moving.

I personally would stay single I couldn't handle the stress that comes with be it little or small that stress I feel will always be there.

No way!

zesty Level 7 Sep 18, 2018

I would stay single because she would make me go to church and probably try to brain-wash me.

churches: "give me your money, or go to hell'

Personally, stay single.
There's a certain mindset the religious people share and that's not a mindset I'm willing to accept in my life.
If that means I spend that much more time searching for my perfect match, so be it.

Stay single. I have a few non-religious friends who got married. Since neither spouse was religious they seemed to feel religion was not an issue. But then they had kids and the religion of their kids because very important. In some cases one spouse became a born-again-Christian which became a problem even without kids. It's very important to settle an approach to religion or no religion as a couple and with kids BEFORE getting married. My wife and I didn't have the discussion either but I (a non-Jew) didn't mind raising the kids Jewish. As it turned out we all have college degrees (most include post graduate degrees) and critical thinking won out and the four of us are all atheist or agnostic.

OCJoe Level 6 Sep 18, 2018

if you are with a woman and she starts bitching, tell her to go home to their own place. Most of them can't afford their own place. They are looking for sugar daddies.

I wouldn’t consider it “settling” if I ended up in a relationship with a religious person. I am totally open to pretty much anyone’s faith. If they can accept my agnostic/atheistic point of view, I can totally accept theirs. My goal is not to change anyone’s spiritual/religious/philosophical weltanschauung. I don’t know who is right, which is the correct god, the correct spirituality, correct philosophy. This debate has probably been going on since language was invented. So a few thousand years give or take a half a millennia. So who am I to judge. I live and let live as much as I can. I enjoy deep discussions that aren’t about proving one point of view right or wrong but about delving deeper and perhaps coming closer to a truth we can all live with. We must each choose our own path and the consequences that come with that choice. Peace ?

There's the rub. Religions universally are paranoid and uncomfortable with different idiologIes. So you may be tolerated but probably won't be fully accepted.

I couldn't listen to them praise a supernatural being all the time. So no can't be with a religious person.

I might marry a religious person. Providing we can find common groud and person doesn't try to convert me back to the bs during the whole marriage. Life is petty lonely without a partner.

This is hardly an either/or situation. Having a religion doesn't automatically make one unbearable.

I wouldn't "settle" with anyone - religious, or not.

No more religious women for me ever again with Agnostics.com the dating pool has widened for us tremendously.

No more religious women for me ever again with Agnostics.com the dating pool has widened for us tremendously.

In my experience, it just won't work out. My philosophy and worldview are so vastly different - not necessarily better or more rational, just different - that I can't really muster the energy to try to make it succeed as a relationship.

Stay single

I personally would see to many obstacles lurking in the shadows.
So I would keep looking.

To Settle with a religious person , before i would even consider we would have a serious chat on were we both stood on that

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:181216
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.