Agnostic.com

15 5

Is it OK to live by yourself, have friends and relationships, but nothing moving towards marriage or even one-to-one relationships? I no longer have a desire to be responsible for the care & feeding of anyone more than my dog and me. I like quiet time, together time, and a certain amount of saucy time, but those are all muted now

Dick_Martin 7 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel as if it would be.
I live alone, and I have a motto pictured. I love my alone time. I have no desire to desire to be responsible for anyone else, or to cohabitate with anyone, but having together time with someone I care about, cuddle time (or saucy time), is all a part of leading a balanced life.

Donna Level 6 Feb 10, 2018

I think ultimately this is what most people want.

You don't need anyone's permission to live the way you want to.

I was married for 2 years. I found that I love relationships. The closeness. The energy.
But when you are married. And you end not happy. You just end up breaking each other’s hearts. And when you want to walk away. You pay the government to do so and fight over nonsensical Bullshit.
I’ve been alone besides a couple of serious and non serious love couplings. And I’m happy. I’m happy to have someone in my life. But I’m not here to take care of you. Your not here to take care of me. It’s me. And my puppy Maddie. You can join in. Or I want some space I’ll see you later.
It’s ok. It’s a better life. Just don’t let yourself get to depressed. And so empty you just push it all away because that’s what you’ve become. Find the medium.

Okay, so it is muted now.

I've never been particularly interested in maintaining relationships and have refused to compromise my wants and desires since my son turned 18.

I'm perfectly happy in my quiet home with my cat.

I can relate... living alone comes with an enormous amount of freedom, which far outweighs any transient feelings of lonesomeness. Being single is glorious!

What surprised me the most is cooking. I am not a cook; frozen dinners for me. But I have learned to cook a few things so once in a while I'll cook a meal for my self. A couple of days ago I noticed I have not had a frozen dinner in two weeks. Cooking more than I realized! Sloppy Joes from scratch tonight.

I’m quite content to spend most of my time at home with my cat.

As long as you're not harming anyone, it's ok to live however you'd like !

Alone with pets. Or in a commune with a bunch of freelove naked people. Or traditional married. Or polyamorous. Or locked up alone with a moat around your home and loaded cannons in the turrets. Or connected to someone you see on agree to times and days. Or seeing a whole string of different people on different days. You get the idea ...

You're fine - you're following your own inclinations !

It is absolutely okay. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

The older I get the less likely it probably is that I will find a life partner. I don't stress about it. Like you, I enjoy my privacy, my alone time and the comfort of supporting myself and not worrying about money. My pets and I do just fine... should I find someone, great. Should I not, great.

I think as long as your honest and both know the deal and you're not hurting anyone else its fine.

Wow...a kinderd spirt. It's been many, many moons since I touched another human being in a sexual manner except myself. Best move I ever made, why I waited so long is beyond me, but george, she made it. Sure, I have parties (I am social) friends, I'm not anti, but I live with 2 adult daughters (we aren't stuck in the mother/daughter bullshit, they call me Alice) as roommates and share expenses. It works for me and at 64 I have not many regrets. Selling the 64 Mustang would be one. Actually, come to think of it, I'm not stuck on anything. That is MY goal, no attachments. Same with the daughters, I encourage them not to get hung up on attachments.

Of course it is and I have done it for 50 years. I do not want ANYTHING that I have to feed, cleanup after or take care of. I enjoy spending time with a woman when I have the opportunity to do, but not forever.

that sounds ideal to me

why not?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18143
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.