Agnostic.com

56 14

Are common interests important to you?

I tend to like people who share some of my interests, but not all.
We can share some time, but that will leave me to explore life alone.
Personally, I like a man who enjoys sports, concerts, movies. Great things to do together.
I also like to visit museums alone. So I don't feel rushed through the exhibits.

Nichole765 7 Sep 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

56 comments (51 - 56)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My late wife was quite the bridge player,but card games on any type have never held my interest.I'm the type that designs and builds things.

Shared interests is important for me. It's a starting point any kind of relationship. More important, though, is that she be as open to learning my interests as I am to learning hers.

As long as she leaves me be while I'm writing, it's all good. Insert 'The Shining' joke here.

no

Essential!

Yes, very when the volley in the conversation is intriguing it makes you want to know more about the other person.

I'm like you, I think. Some common interests are important. There are certain things and events I like doing/attending. Live sporting events aren't interesting to me despite liking football (American version). I think attending a football game in-person isn't as good as watching it on TV because on TV they keep you focused on the action and you can see the plays in detail. When viewing it at a distance in the stadium it's much harder to follow the game. Baseball is so slow it's boring. Basketball is decided in the last quarter, most times. LOL! Ok, I've established that I'm not a sports nut. Anyway, I agree that some common interests are good so you can enjoy time doing those things together. And also doing things the other person likes that I've never done is good too. I might discover a new activity I love.

Ah. I watch baseball most every evening with a cocktail or two.
Basketball season usually replaces baseball in the late fall.
I almost prefer to watch at home. I can have it on, fold laundry, wash dishes, finish projects and just listen to the announcers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:182679
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.