Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Not The Onion: Roy Moore urges Republicans to ignore Kavanaugh’s sexual assault allegation – ThinkProgress

this is not the Onion. This is not satire. I repeat: this is NOT satire

The failed Alabama Senate candidate is no stranger to accusations of sexual misconduct.

Failed Alabama Senate candidate and accused child molester Roy Moore is urging fellow Republicans to “take a stand” against Christine Blasey Ford’s allegation that Brett Kavanaugh tried to rape her.

Moore, who was accused of sexually abusing and harassing multiple underage girls prior to his upset loss to Sen. Doug Jones (D-AL) in last December’s special election, suggested during an interview with conservative network One America News on Wednesday that Ford’s allegation about attempted rape in high school was made up by Democrats to hurt Kavanaugh.

“I think they need to take a stand. I think they need to do what their conscience dictates. They know what’s happening. It’s so obvious that these tactics are used just days before a very important event … but these come up right before an election or a confirmation, and I think the Republicans need to take a stand.”

Moore, who co-authored a textbook which argued women shouldn’t be allowed to run for office, claimed Democrats aren’t interested in finding out what really happened between Ford — who goes by Dr. Blasey professionally — and President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.

“I think they don’t care about transparency, they just use it because it’s effective. They know that on the one hand you offend women if you believe somebody that says they weren’t guilty of sexual misconduct. On the other hand, if you don’t believe them, you’re condemning the person accused of guilt to prove his own innocence. It’s a Catch-22.”

After losing a special election in a state that Trump carried by nearly 30 percentage points in 2016, Moore lashed out at transgender people, liberal judges, and his opponent’s gay son. The Alabama Republican still hadn’t conceded as of February, even though his Democratic challenger is now a senator.

(this is NOT satire)

Lukian 8 Sep 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We were making progress and we became complacent. Failed to vote in mid terms. Failed to stand up to ALL in equality. and Failed to to push back against men like moore, kavanaugh, trump, etc.

We now have white male christians willing to sell out American democracy, rule of law and standards of operating RATHER than give EQUAL hearings and justice to PoC and women.

I've fucking had it with the hypocrites running this country.

Where is the "oh jesus fuck, how repulsive can these people BE?" Emoji? I need one as often as this kind of thing happens.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:183287
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.