Agnostic.com

10 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

People came from all around the world.

OMG! There is a New Zealander in that lot! Ekkkkkkk

Sacha Level 7 Jan 25, 2018

Even just 7 minutes of that was painful, I'd go insane if I was surrounded by that much derp.

We should put all these flat earthers on a rocket and shoot them into space so they can see the round earth with their own eyes. Then have that rocket keep going on a collision course towards the sun...

The earth is not round.

[scientificamerican.com]

BD66 Level 8 Jan 25, 2018

Depends what you mean by 'round'. It's not spherical.

I can't believe its gone this far. I can wrap my mind around (I said around) theism but I am completely perplexed about the Flat earth. I can tango with theist all day. I just wouldn't know where to start with these people. I really hope this dies down soon. Perhaps if I can just get Bigfoot to ride in on Nessy and deliver a Globe it might help.

If I was a scientist I would refuse to even address these people.

@TheMiddleWay What kills me is someone can build a model rocket and take pictures, or fly in a plane. There are many very simple things one can do to prove the earth is not flat. These people cherry pick the evidence like Chrisitans cherry pick the Bible. I actually think of them as one in the same.

I just can't. How did these people get to the places in their lives where this actually made sense?

Let them have their fun. To each their own.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 25, 2018

Wait so all the people working the conference are against the flat earters??

I just cannot understand how anyone could believe that the Earth is flat.
I just can't.

@Rick_T LOL Right

@TheMiddleWay I've been in an airplane, and stood at the top of tall buildings. I've seen the curvature of the Earth. There are numerous pictures of the Earth taken from the Moon and space. To blatantly reject what IS common knowledge is unacceptable to me. I'm not going to give the flat-earthers a pass.

The visitor from New Zealand crossed many time zones. How does he/she explain that?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18344
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.