Agnostic.com

2 3

I blocked someone on FB today. We were doing fine until I mentioned there are alternates to CBD oil for people with some pretty severe medical conditions which she listed. She sells the stuff and apparently took it to mean I was attacking her - when in fact I was just making a statement. I was not trying to debunk her in any way and she went totally over the top postal. When she stated something about "This could break out friendship". I decided I'd do it! Because one misunderstanding should not a friendship break. Gees. I swear posting medical fact gets me into trouble sometimes. Do you think as atheists/agnostics that our belief in "Show me" or "Explain that further" gets us into trouble with religious folks who may discount science a bit more? (Yes my feelings were actually hurt).

RavenCT 9 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

People generally don't their like beliefs to be questioned, which is problematic for those of us who require proof or at least more in depth information, even just for curiosity's sake. Especially if the discussion may end up changing their mind. It can be a scary thing to be rattled from your truth and awakened to another possibility, so instead of being open they just kind of shut down and get angry. So yeah, we land in hot water occasionally.

I get what you're talking about, and I have to answer yes, but more because of the freethinker in most of us, rather than being atheist or agnostic.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18364
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.