Agnostic.com

13 2

Well go ahead...tell me something I DON'T know. My brain craves information.

Willthamaven 4 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, despite most trivia buffs proclaiming that Yak's milk is pink, that is not entirely true, given that the yak is the male of the species. It is like asking what colour is bull's milk. The female is a nak, and yes, their milk is pink.

OMG! I had NO idea!!! A new "K" word for Scrabble! Thanks!!!

I still have the last 3 jehovas witnesses that came knocking on my door chained up in my basement

Start a sweat shop and you got yourself a decent home business.

Now THAT is an idea 🙂

Lol

OK, “The Oldest Life on Earth Has Been Discovered in Canada's Arctic”
[motherboard.vice.com]
“It's an estimated 4 billion years old.” -- Now ya know 😀

Varn Level 8 Jan 26, 2018

hmmmm interesting!

When the pyramids were built the area was not a desert. It was a grassy plain until about a thousand years ago when an earthquake diverted the Nile.

Interesting...are u talking about Green Sahara?

@Willthamaven that was part of it but about 1000 years ago a large earthquake dropped Alexandria into the Mediterranean and diverted the Nile ninety miles at that point.

Ice cream has no bones. Although i am pretty sure you already knew this, i am positive you never thought of it before. You're welcome!

Lol

Any man who knows any thing, knows he doesn't know a God damn thing.....

True...

Bella needs a "belly rub" every morning or she will bite you.

Lol give Bella that rub...

@Willthamaven Bella has to have that rub before the smell of victory in the morning... Cindy just want to go outside, Mia ask how cold is it? Before coming out from under the blanket. 3 spoiled chihuahuas. And their slave servant.

The original IBM-PCs, that had hard drives, referred to the hard drives as Winchester drives. This is due to the fact that the original Winchester drive had a model number of 3030. This is, of course, a Winchester firearm.

Source(s): Hodgdon. The .30-30 Winchester/.30 Winchester Center Fire (7.8×51mmR) cartridge was first marketed in early 1895 for the Winchester Model 1894 lever-action rifle. The .30-30 (thirty-thirty), as it is most commonly known, was the USA's first small-bore, sporting rifle cartridge designed for smokeless powder. It is a CARTRIDGE for a Rifle, is not a firearm.

@GipsyOfNewSpain -- Just for information:

fire·arm
?f?(?)r?ärm/
noun
noun: firearm; plural noun: firearms

a rifle, pistol, or other portable gun.

The common generic name for the Winchester rifle chambered for this cartridge was "Thirty-Thirty".

Source of information: My grandfather was a gunsmith who began his career in Kansas (circa 1900). I spent many of my early years working in his shop in South Gate, CA. When anyone asked for a Winchester chambered for the thirty-thirty cartridge, they always asked to see a 'Thirty-Thirty'.

The cartridge was uniquely made for the lever action rifle, though it found some limited use elsewhere. The .30-30 was designed during a time when lever action rifles were prevalent (pre 1900s). This is why the slugs have a flattened tip so the recoil wouldn't set off the bullets in the tube when a tip rammed the primer.

@evidentialist so there you go Ignorance does not make it true isn't it evidentialist?

if blue bottles could breed in perfect conditions with no predators there would be a ball of flies the size of the earth in one year.

Geezuseffinkeriste..........i may never sleep again

its fine most flies are other creatures lunch

Llamas protect livestock. They chase and can kill predators like coyotes and occasionally, cougars. They tend to eat everything..banana peelings, rare shrubbery and flowers, and their necks have a surprising reach. They control other livestock in the barnyard with spitting.

They have zero loyalty, and if they get loose, they will high tail it out of there, but luckily, their greed will make them return, when you shake a pail of grain.

@tsjames They don't like to be touched, either. Not the friendliest creatures in the world. Luckily, they don't usually bother to try to escape since they're too busy bossing all the other animals around.

Think i got you on this one my friend...i knew that. Thanks for responding you're wonderful🙂 i thought they were to be mean tho...am i wrong?

@Willthamaven People buy them to protect their livestock, but I think small donkeys are more effective for the coywolf hybrids common now in the east. Still, we bought Cuzco to use for packing stuff on the Appalachian Trail. But once I saw how disloyal he was, I sold him. But soon afterward, a small, runaway mule escaped his barn and ran three miles up the road to break into the pasture to be with our 40 yr old retired racking horse, Whistle. That mule protected the rest of the livestock until Whistle's death, then he stood guard over the grave, braying sadly, so I sold him to a grateful person who wanted him to guard her horses.

The last combatant with a confirmed kill using a long bow and or sword was in WWII.

You have just become aware that your jaw has mass and it requires effort to keep it closed. Enjoy that feeling, you can thank David Wong for it since I stole it from him!

The Hypatia stone, as it is known, is not only extraterrestrial in origin. It contains micro-mineral compounds not known to occur anywhere on Earth, not found in any other meteorites, and not known to occur anywhere in the Solar System.

Wow thanks for that had to look that up...discovered in 1996 right?

@Willthamaven -- That's the one. It was a lucky find, too.

@evidentialist You have one? Do you have a picture?

@BlueWave -- I wish I did. The thing is worth a small fortune to a collector. I have several chunks of stuff from space, but they're all from our solar system. To the best of my knowledge there is only one small piece of Hypatia stone in the world. It's origin is so far unknown, but it is most likely something interstellar.

I'll see if I can find a picture of it.

Okay, found one and am posting it in my post above -- if I can. There are apparently 3 pieces of the stone.

By the way, nice ride. I had to give up bikes a few years ago. I was devastated.

@evidentialist Thanks! I keep hoping I have a few more years left. Every creak in a joint scares me. 🙂

Very cool! Thanks!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18380
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.