Agnostic.com

81 11

What kind of **snob** are you?

In a world that has a few hundred different reality shows about fashion (Project Runway), cooking (Chopped, Hell’s Kitchen), art, music, etc.. I’ve noticed that the world has become quite “bougie” lately. Everyone seems to be a connoisseur of something.

I hear people say that people who like Nickleback are stupid and don’t know music, or Avatar was a cinematic turd. I personally dated a self-proclaimed “chef”, and he became visibly angry when I decided to have popcorn as a snack when I drank red wine, “because it should always be paired with old cheeses, not popcorn.. are you some sort of fucking OGRE?”

So, in an attempt to get to know you better, what sort of snob are you? Is there any area in your life that you know you have exquisite taste, and friends or family who do not share your opinions on these things can annoy you?

• 22 votes
  • 24 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 21 votes
  • 49 votes
IndySent 7 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

81 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Im not Pompus . I'm pedantric . Let me explain the difference to you .

I am a better snob than any of you, obviously! 😉

I despise "huh". I only reply to huh with "what?".
It makes for really dumb conversations.

I am a tea snob. The water must be filtered; the temperature must be right; the tea must be loose leaf and proper flush; the steeping time must be right....There are other elements, but you get the idea.

I am basically a proponent of laissez faire. To me, snobbery implies looking down on others. I don't like myself when I do that, but sometimes I do it anyway. I consider myself knowledgeable about certain topics, mostly of a creative bent. My friends consider me a poor person's bohemian Martha Stewart.
Yes, I note poor grammar, spelling, and punctuation, but I often like to write and speak in the vernacular.
I like knowing the rules and breaking them.

I tend to mix slang with a proper vocabulary. I don't know why

@SherryMartin Because it's fun and helps in communication, perhaps?

I don't think I am snobbish about anything. It makes it easier to adapt to a lot of situations

Potato chips. I have discovered the ultimate lard cooked potato chip and am in the process of turning their consumption into a freaking religion.

I want to see the rituals

Other: Scientific Snob.

People who don't bother to think for themselves, or who hassle or hinder those who do, piss me off. When someone tries to persuade me that I shouldn't ask this or that question, that can rile me. But I guess many of the members on this site feel similarly.

Sometimes I'm a bit of an intellectual snob, perhaps, because I often think that I'm smarter than a lot of other people. This is mainly because I consider myself a free-thinker, and many or not. However, I know that there are very many people on this site who are smarter than me, and who know a great deal more than me. And I realize all too well how stupid I can sometimes be in thought, word, or deed!

Political junkie, always mainlining the mainstream media - even Fox, for propaganda - it positively makes me glow from the desire to know fact from fiction.

jeffy Level 7 Jan 26, 2018

I , also, will go with political snob..

I should be a grammar snob, but I'm not.

hard to choose just one.

still learning....lol

A snob is somebody who aspires to be that which he can never be, not being possessed of the necessary breeding, thereby attracting ridicule.

insert scream laugh emoticon here

It's tea for me. Ask me if I want a cup of tea and I'll probably say yes- before I even think to check if you're using loose leaf! Then I try to turn my grimace into a smile as I taste the flavour of the teabag; imagine, if you will, brewing a pot of tea with a freshly laundered sock in it. Delicious.

"A cup of tea" is working class, i.e., frightfully non-U ! One just takes tea, without hinting at a portion !

I AM A FUCKING OGRE but you will never know as I'm too polite to tell you to not wolf down YOUR FUCKING FOOD. 😛

SamL Level 7 Mar 28, 2018

LMAO!!!

Music. try to talk to me meaningfully about the works of pit bull, lil wayne or taylor swift
and I've already made huge assumptions about you - sorry. we're all entitled to guilty pleasures, but they shouldn't be the 1st thing out of one's mouth when speaking of m u s I c

I am not a snob, I have great tastes, high standards, traveled a lot, experienced a LOT and I know what I like thats all. For me, the term 'snob' means you look down on others that don't share your opinions.

I am an intellectual snob. I can't abide stupid people or over the top thumperZ. If you are a fan of 'god' then fucking keep it to yourself.

I'm a major music snob. I prefer emotion and complexity or jingles and hooks.

Only the music snob category spoke to me. And not very much since I cannot speak about Nickelback. They obviously set themselves up with that name: should have been Dollarback.

I think that I might be a language snob, not in terms of grammar but conversation and how well it is enacted. I often find myself in one sided conversations with people telling me in huge detail how they do their nails and lipstick and eyeliner, one look at me would tell them that I don't do cosmetics at any time and am not too bothered about my hair as long as its still roughly on my head. I yearn for a good conversation.

One thing I am a snob about that I have not seen mentioned here is sticky notes. Post-Its are the ONLY acceptable brand!! I use them all the time at home and work. I have to supply my own since my employer buys Office Depot brand and healthcare marketing people bring us their lousy off-brand ones. Post-Its are the only ones I can count on to actually stick to something for more than 10 minutes. Plus they come in different shapes and sizes and pretty colors!

dkp93 Level 8 Jan 27, 2018

Laugh

this matters

and even the caps of highlighters

I'm a little snobby about chocolate, but I'm not a connoisseur. I'm no expert on which brands are super snobby or not, but I know some are total crap. Sure, I'll much some halloween candy with no problem, but I like to savor a good dark chocolate. I'm not a fan of milk chocolate, and some is really inedible. Like at Easter, the kind used in those little foil covered eggs...yuck. And I haven't had a chocolate bunny that was any good either. There's a lot of crappy chocolate out there.

@IndySent OOOOOH! We could do a swap! Do you like real maple syrup? That's a thing around here. I don't care for it myself...

@IndySent Lets do it! I'll message you 🙂

I am a car snob. If you spend $3000 to put deuces on a perfectly good Jaguar, after the greatest car designers in the world decided 19 in rims designed to compliment the graceful curves were perfect, then I would not trust your judgement in any matter.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18496
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.