Agnostic.com

81 11

What kind of **snob** are you?

In a world that has a few hundred different reality shows about fashion (Project Runway), cooking (Chopped, Hell’s Kitchen), art, music, etc.. I’ve noticed that the world has become quite “bougie” lately. Everyone seems to be a connoisseur of something.

I hear people say that people who like Nickleback are stupid and don’t know music, or Avatar was a cinematic turd. I personally dated a self-proclaimed “chef”, and he became visibly angry when I decided to have popcorn as a snack when I drank red wine, “because it should always be paired with old cheeses, not popcorn.. are you some sort of fucking OGRE?”

So, in an attempt to get to know you better, what sort of snob are you? Is there any area in your life that you know you have exquisite taste, and friends or family who do not share your opinions on these things can annoy you?

• 22 votes
  • 24 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 21 votes
  • 49 votes
IndySent 7 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

81 comments (76 - 81)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like old things. B

Coffee, but just black. a dab of cream maybe, but no hazelnut or soy stuff.

I'm trying not to be but I'm likely a music or jazz snob since I think jazz is more complex and therefore more evolved. Whoops, I did it again.

When people spell their businesses wrong on purpose because they think it is cute. For example, Kozy Korner.

Fresh foods. Food in general. Need it to be healthy and at least some fresh foods.

By healthy you mostly mean fresh ?

Coffee snob here. Although, I can stomach the Nescafes, Mocconas, etc. for a quick fix at home, I test how baristas do a long black before I can trust them to do a cappuccino - i.e. a cappuccino is not a flat white.

I'm also a bit of a film snob. However, I can enjoy and see how much fun those involve have in a simple slapstick comedy, (e.g. There's something about Mary, Scream, Spy, etc.) compared to the art form of a well structured movie like Contagion, Spotlight, Whiplash, etc.

Classic science fiction. Love the old school writers....Heinlein, Asimov, Clarke, Niven. I noted with sadness the passing of Ursula K. LeGuin.

Also a Game snob. Any sort...board games, card games. I grew up playing classic Avalon Hill wargames.

I'm somewhat of a foodie snob. It's not like I require haute cuisine but can you at least be someone adept with what to do with food! One of my favorite television shows is that comedy "Worst Cooks in America". I'm okay with Subway once in a while but someone please put me out of my misery if I ever go to Micky D's or Burger King!

I don't read as much as I used to but I was a voracious reader of many genres, including and especially foreign authors like Jumpa Lahiri. Someone with an aversion to reading won't hold my interest long.

I am also somewhat of a news junkie; can't spout the latest stats on any thing but I know who rules where, and where things are more messed up than here.

I guess I can include movie snob; I like thinking movies, foreign and domestic art films mostly, that aren't just extravagant puzzles of "what the hell is going on?". But every once in a while........a well crafted action movie for distraction.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18496
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.