Agnostic.com

7 0

This is what I was talking about folks! I did not expect it THIS year, but I knew it was coming.

[bigthink.com]

WizardBill 7 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The United States became the leader in science and technology because it invested in education and the sciences. Now China and India are doing the same and America is cutting back. It is inevitable that we will fall behind, and we will no longer be the leader in science and technology. Religion only serve to impede progress, and the religious right are the ones in control of the government and its policies.

What's ironic is that there are other countries that are living the so-called "American Dream", while here in America, we are becoming a backwards, underdeveloped country, with even more backwards attitudes and ideas - all fostered by the orange one and his gang...
And to top that off, we're so damn arrogant, we're not bothering to learn better ways of doing things from those same other countries.

Are we great yet ?

not wishing to upset our American cousins, but the image coming from Trump is that the US is too bogged down with politics and religion, and full of their own self importance , to keep up with the rest of the world,

In a few years, China will be the world leader and the USA will be just another theocracy no different from any Muslim country.

Not even slightly surprised. They've already outstripped us in alternative energy and several areas of advanced technology. "Make America Great Again"

@WizardBill I want to grab the orange one by his little parts ... and twist !

@TheMiddleWay -- If Trump and congress keep chipping away much longer the funding is going to dry up enough to severely impact the scientific community.

And this was before Trumps cuts to research in the latest budget. China is also going to spend one trillion dollars upgrading infastructure in Eurasia: roads, ports, railways, and a shipping route through the arctic, all leading to China. And here in the US we are apparently planning on being tbe most well armed third world country on the planet. 😟

Read papers from out of the country. Since the US got pulled out of the Paris Accord (of which we are the only country NOT in it now?), other countries do not consider us the leader of the free world. This, however, scientifically proves it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18554
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.