Agnostic.com

5 2

More often than not I sit in silence for a while, in the afternoon, listening to the monkey chattering in my mind, & letting it go by. it enables me to listen to my heart throughout the day, keeps the fake neediness at bay, & makes me feel at one with what is.

do you meditate?

walklightly 8 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't 'meditate' per se, but I'm alone with my thoughts a lot. I guess it's pretty much the same thing. I don't get too hung up on semantics.

Never… Too energetic.. If I’m awake, I’m engaged. If anxiety is getting the better of me, I recognize, then consciously move beyond it.. Seems I’m either on or off ~

Varn Level 8 Jan 27, 2018

Not as I should or desire. When I am down... I go to my hard drive and start reading what I had written. I don't remember most of them so it is a discovery... a re-discovery that this man has nothing to be worried about because he can handle this plane and there is a lot about the man in the mirror that I don't know yet. I know I am not in a trance when I write whatever I write and once I dated it. I move on maybe never to read it again. So I may one day just print everything and put it in box and hide it from the world until I am one with myself. I like that you brought meditation because I don't do but maybe I should.

🙂 thank you for encouraging my encouragement.
i find that even 1 or 2 minutes of sitting still, eyes closed, just following breath, watching thoughts go by... & pass... are helpful in centering me. but of course, a regular daily routine of half an hour is more effective even.

@walklightly Too bad that many live their lives not as they would like them to live but how others think they should live their lives. I have to accept that in this site there are plenty yet to really live life and not reading about it, plenty that ask the question "if you could...." instead of saying "what I did when..." There are young people seeking and trying to find out their place. I have to get it on my head... Everyone is Unique and some are just starting to wake up. I like silence, also the sounds of a forest, of birds, nature... loved the sound of waves in the beach... water cascading on a stream, children playing, their joyful laughter. And playing a music that will inspire me to go on work on mine, write new lyrics or simply get up and dance. Back in college we did an experiment with a teacher how to relax and she didn't wanted to continue the other steps because it was the first step to relax your being enough for an out of body experience. All I know is that a few of us were able to feel every drop of blood pumped by our heart, feeling the blood travelling thru our veins. That was something to our young minds. I am not surprise if she did it as means of finding our us like souls. Always wondered if some approached her wanting more. I was in a relationship and she was young and easy on the eye for my girl to accept me seeking more, plus she was in the class too and went thru it. Oh the things you sacrifice for love... he, he, he, ha, he, ha. We certainly need to be One with Ourselves. before we are ready to face the world.

🙂 @GipsyOfNewSpain, i agree that to be(come) capable of interacting harmoniously with the world, i first have to turn within, take full responsibility for my experiences & realise that i actually make my world - & be it just by accepting what is, no matter how non-wished for.
a few months ago i joined a great choir in my little town, & then enrolled in a workshop as well: power in the voice. we did a cabaret as finale. very exciting & huge fun!

@walklightly My daughter sings in a choir in church.. but she just posted she was leaving the Jacksonville Blues Society so I will like to pick her brains if the move is about religion... Anyways, love your new pictures. Specially the one in the rock.

thanks, @GipsyOfNewSpain, yeah, choirs & religion... well, i'm lucky with this one: no bloody chorals to be sung 😀

@walklightly Lucky you are... there is another member here that has sung professionally in choirs were a lot is about religion but she don't mind because most are either in german or latin and she don't speak either language. That's her silver lining.I am all for whatever makes you feel good. Except murder of the innocent and prey on the weak of course. Go Girl!!!!

Yes I do,though I have eased off of late.It does bring feeling of inner peace that is always there just waiting for you to dip into.I find it was a good experience,and it made me see the world in a different way and that has remained with me ,I feel don't need to meditate as much,at least not as often.

You can meditate anywhere and I try it when walking,sitting on a train or waiting at the dentist. Or you can do a quick 30 secs exercise to base yourself a bit.The world makes far more sense tpo me now thanks to meditating.I would recommend it for anyone.It should be taught in schools. They have a trial going on here in the UK with schoolchildren.Turns out its helping cut stress in the classroom.Children are more attentive,less restless and even the amount of fights/squabbling have fallen.They have a far more contented school.

yes, i fully agree, children should be introduced to meditation from an early age on. i also find the turning-within useful & effective in any real & ordinary life situation; i learned this many years ago through walking & working meditation at the 10days-silent retreats in vipassana. we will, apart from centering our selves, lift the level of peace within society 🙂

@walklightly So many things children should be introduced to and the educational system fail them and us... like introducing 8 year olds to partnered dancing just to remove the phobia and stigma of a boy and girl touching in an acceptable social environment. Instead of the stupid "sports" and I did the sports... but I would had rather done the dances, that much I know. And you see people in their 20's taking dance lessons and being all nervous and hands sweating. And so many inept people in front of the opposite sex... it is beyond me, because talking to girls was always easy and natural and a 50 year old have problem with that? Maybe that is why I am so open here... because I always been open and free.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18618
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.