Agnostic.com

34 1

One thing I was told very often when I was younger was "You'll get more right wing as you get older."

Question to the left-leaning users on here: have you found yourself becoming less to the left as you've got older?

Jnei 8 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Less EXTREMITY is what happens. On BOTH sides! But you probably become more firmly entrenched as you do...

Ungod Level 6 Jan 27, 2018

I hate even being a passenger in a plane

Personally, I was not very political in my younger years, but as I've gotten older and more concerned about such things, I'm pretty middle-of-the-road now. But, I cannot abide the current political climate in D.C.

Nope. Quite the opposite in fact.

BUT. There were some unusual life events that had a hand in it

I have noticed that my formerly wiccan liberal mother became a xtian although I wouldn't call her all that conservative

It is a shame that the country is filled with nut job right wing nonsense on thousands of radio stations. to make it worse, there is FOX TV, which sends out distorted "news" that make it impossible for those who watch it daily to get the whole story. I saw a group of people participating in a fact finding exercise with Frank Luntz. One older guy said that if Trump had done half the thing Obama did, he'd get the electric chair. When Luntz asked the group what they watched, most said FOX. It's really sad what these people are exposed to.

Im the exact opposite, was raised right winged, andi can say im was left wing now 🙂

Kodi Level 4 Jan 27, 2018

I did for a while, but living in New Orleans, it was hard to get real news. I wasn't real bad, but I had that thought. When I moved to Chicago it was a whole new world. I became active in left wing causes. I even wrote the campaign song for the candidate running for the 14th district of the House. That district was drawn so red that the Republican didn't didn't have to campaign, yet he won bigly. There's also a progressive radio station WCPT

Not even a little

I've been center left pretty much my whole life. The older I get and the more I see things, the more I am pushed away from stupid right wing thoughts. Extreme left and right are both crazy mind you, but I've never hovered over to the right wing over anything significant.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18663
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.