Agnostic.com

17 3

Do you have a favorite quote? One of my favorites is:

"I tried to drown my sorrows, but the bastards learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good feeling." --Frida Kahlo

orange_girl 8 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later.

Mitch Hedberg

I love Mitch Hedberg. One of my favorite jokes is from him: “An escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You should never see an ‘Escalator temporarily out of order’ sign, just ‘Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience.’”

I always liked the sentiment behind this quote illustrating a certain hypocrisy in Christian values:

“But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?”
Mark Twain's Autobiography

Lucifer must not have been saved.

@RoboGraham I guess his name was never written in The Book of Life.

"We are all star stuff" -- Carl Sagan

"Buy The Ticket Take The Ride"
HST

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

"Atheism is not chosen, it is discovered." Christoper Hitchens

'How hard can it be?' Is probably my favourite little saying. And the one my kids use when they are mocking me 🙂

Arnold Arnold, author and late friend once told a man in a coffee house: "You remind me of a courtroom judge who said to the counsel for the defense, my mind is made up do not confuse me with the evidence".

Poets, Priests, and Politicians have words to thank for their positions - Sting

I realized why nothing came to mind...I need the moment in time that the quote would apply to...

I love Kahlo...I have so many in my head, and not one comes to mind at this moment...go figure?

"To find yourself, think for yourself." - Socrates

a man with a humped-back uncle should not make fun of another man's cross-eyed aunt. Samuel Clemons

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere"- Dr. Seuss

Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep- A. LaVey

Say what you mean and mien what you say This is my quote I developed it. (mien = demeanor)

Just when you think you see light at the end of the tunnel you realise it is some bastard bringing you more work,
Such is life - without a wife
twice as bad with one.
Lie's a bitch, then you marry one
Life sucks and then you die

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18861
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.