Agnostic.com

6 9

Just a thought. I would rather calibrate my moral compass on a love for humanity than on a god that would leave mixed instructions interpreted buy self proclaimed authorities.

Doug 5 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very good words to live by.

Amen!

Oh--sorry...

LMAO

That’s ‘bumper-sticker worthy’ …though I’d likely have to get out and put on my glasses to read it 🙂 But yes, endless interpretations of an invisible entity… Years ago I followed someone’s instruction to ‘read the bible.’ I tried, but after wading through pages of blood, death and murder … I soon realized, this stuff could be ‘interpreted’ any way, by any one - and still not make sense!

Varn Level 8 Jan 28, 2018

The sticker would have to end with,"Now that you read this BACK OFF!"

I concur. There are many driving forces that lead to good in the world, but sadly, many personalities that take advantage of that basic good and use it to profit (prophet?) and twist it into something used for (all intense porpoises [sic]) malicious ends.

That was one of the points of the Protestant Reformation, that the common folks should have access to bibles in the common language. The priests of course did not want that, that would mean giving up some of their authority and power.

It seems to me that religion has never really been based on love for humanity. It has been about how can I get power and money over these ignorant fools.

In the ten 'Thou shall nots', there is no mention of 'Thou shall be honest'. And just wouldn't that one throw a big wrench into the works!

Totally agree!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18979
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.