Agnostic.com

594 23

What is your response when people threaten you with religious punishments? (i.e. Hell/Jahannam)

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

594 comments (576 - 594)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't really comment, as I don't think I've ever been thus threatened. But I'm amazed, from the comments, at how many people have been.

Laugh heartily.

...uh, ok. If that's what you believe, that is what you will experience. I feel sorry for those people.

Laughter and merriment. Followed by walking away.

I remind them only Christians are go to hell.

I tell them to prey for me. I don't think it has had any effect thus far, if indeed they have.

Say: if you like me you'll pray for me to be released from hell

"That's fine by me. Supposedly your hell will be the best place to be!" I also like to say "That's not what my religion says!"

Mostly I shrug and say something witty like, "whatever."

d_day Level 7 Dec 9, 2017

See you there! Doesn't your wizard say something about judging others?

Especially the 'Hell stuff', I really like to barbecue everyday!

I ask them what their response would be if someone said to them that father xmas wasn't coming to them because they had been bad? Then I say, "now you what my attitude is to being told that I'm going to hell".

Well i reply which freaking hell is it ? The christain hell ? The islamic hell ? The judeo`s hell ? Zoroastrian hell ? And don't get me started on which domination of these religion too !!

I try not to get into a debate with those of faith. People of faith tend to believe what they have been taught, regardless of proof. You can argue with someone who considers evidence. You can’t argue with someone who blindly believes without some sort of proof. I usually take a chapter from their book and turn the other cheek by casually changing the subject. Or smile and nod until they get tired of talking.

You realize you're threatening me with something that doesn't exist, don't you? You might as well threaten to punch me in the aura and poke out my chakras.

Then again, if your Hell and Heaven did exist, I can't think of a torture that would be worse than being surrounded by people like you.

Hell is quite a nice little town in Norway, and I'm very fond of Jahannam on toast.

Varn: Thanks for the AC/DC!

Laughter!

I tend to laugh in their faces. Some consider that rude, but it's usually just a normal reflex. It's impossible to fear what you don't believe in.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.