Agnostic.com

594 23

What is your response when people threaten you with religious punishments? (i.e. Hell/Jahannam)

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

594 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sing Billy Joel, "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun..."
Only the Good Die Young

find it funny, often mock them with Santa or the Tooth Fairy comeback threats.

I simply state to them :Your perception is your reality".

I laugh hilariously while making "horns" on my head with my fingers, then I stick my tongue out, shake my head and growl.

I say oh ya, and santa claus isn't going to bring you any presents, if you're not a good boy, either !

I can't help but chuckle, and i say "If there is a hell, then they will have the best music, the best beer and weed, and all my friends will be there"

I laugh!

I have an expressive face. Do not need to say anything, give them 'the look'

Tell them I don't believe in an afterlife.

May you burn in hell ? my reply " What makes you think I'm not already there ? "

Usually laugh a bit.. and explain that it's the equivalent of me threatening them with the actions of voldemort, or the orc horde.. I then usually explain, that if their god is real.. I wouldn't want to spend any time with the narcissistic mass murder, and will enjoy the company of any alternative.

I laugh and ask them to prove it.

They really don't unless they're strangers, but if they do it's usually met with humor & sarcasm.

mostly laughter I mean it;s the same thing as threating me with beating with a piece of boiled pasta...but at least the pasta exist;s

By my belief system which is to use facts and not myths I am pretty certain that no such place does exists. Furthermore , I find that a religion that is supposed to be all forgiving would condemn people who have differing beliefs to hell completely nonsense.

Laughter- after all they are trying to be funny- aren't they?

With a simple it doesn't exist or no such place.

Laugh at them and say “what type of deity would think up burning people forever, that is insanity and think that over and hope the other God is not the real one’. My exact words. Shuts 90 percent of them up on the spot

I just laugh in their face.. let them know how duped they have been by the brainwashing techniques they ignorantly think to be true. People fear what they do not know.

I told them that I prefer hell because there is all the fun and laugh.

Lobo Level 1 Oct 13, 2017

generally humor or sarcasm

Can't say that I've ever been threatened with that, or it's been so long, I don't recall. I would assume if someone did tell me I was going to hell, I'd probably just chuckle and walk away...

I laugh at them and politely suggest that they should not be deluding themselves.

I try to be respectful as long as they are. I tell them that I don't believe in their afterlife and its my concern not theirs. If they get belligerent, I try to separate myself from them and if I can't I give them the old "its your hell, you burn in it".

"Um, no thanks. The Flying Spaghetti Monster has better plans for me."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.