Agnostic.com

7 0

Religion? Or conscience?

What is better to be religous?
Or to have a conscience?

hypnomistic 3 Sep 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I did not ask about me did I?

Well, since religion is bad for you it's hardly a contest now, is it?

Well because there plenty of people without a conscience! Are they stupid?

To have a conscience, obviously.

better? well as an atheist (and i am not alone on this site, methinks!) i find religion to be pretty stupid, and it is not stupid to have a conscience, so i can't help wondering why you're asking this?

g

neither, because "better" is a comparitive, and requires that you supply a quality. which is better, a football player or a marathon runner? well, if the qualifier is "at catching football passes" then the answer is obvious, but "at keeping a consistent pace for several miles" the exact opposite answer would be obvious.

using terms like "better" indicates a belief in an objective standard. otherwise it can only refer to either a personal preference or a qualified condition.

Is believe a religion? Is it faith? Is it hope? Or is it been afraid?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:190099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.