Agnostic.com

9 1

So. I ended up in the ER last night with complications from the flu (atypical pneumonia; acute bronchitis; STILL the original flu). Two breathing treatments, chest-xrays, handling by surly nurses, and interviews with goofy docs later, I get released with more meds that I care to shake a stick at all and instructions to REST, REST, REST, drink lots of fluids, and follow up with my own doc in three days. I post about this on FB and get two distinctly different types of responses. They are either: "thoughts and prayers" (rubbish responses, as far as I'm concerned) OR "Is there anything I can actually DO to help?" (responses that tell you who the decent human beings are).

BookDeath 8 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm willing to bet most of those people who do the (thoughts and prayers) shit just do it out of habit. Furthermore, I'll bet most of them don't actually pray nor think about you past the time it takes to read your post. I do wish you a speedy recovery.

You were spoilt rotten. All I got for flu was at best some paracetamol tablets and come back in 4 weeks if it has not cleared up. I never took the tablets. Would you like some? Gesundheit.

Ask for soup!

I thought "thoughts and prayers" were reserved for 2nd amendment issues - to preserve the sale of guns. Sorry about your extreme flu. Just been there, too.

heh heh

That's only going to be accurate for female's. A male may actually being able to accomplish something by doing that.

I'm so sorry you've been sick. I think people offer thoughts and prayers as they have no clue of what else to do. It's probably what they're heard all their lives and so often we're just parrots.

I am so sorry to hear this news. I cannot offer much, but my spirit support from here, but I will hold that in my mind. 'Surly nurses' do serve one purpose...they bring out the 'fight' in us, and that is something needed when we face a challege! Best of luck and fastest recovery...

I am sorry to hear you got sick. Get better.

thoughts and prayers are as useless as crossing your fingers. These are the same idiots who offer thoughts and prayers so that they don't actually DO something, kinda like the Trump admin, thoughts and prayers to all the innocent people killed by home grown terrorists, but do nothing to change things.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19015
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.