Agnostic.com

86 16

What’s your “guilty pleasure” song?

I actually dislike the term “guilty pleasure”. If it makes you happy, then why feel guilty about it? But I saw this question on another forum, and it was a lot of laughs to see what songs people were either “ashamed” to admit that they really liked, or songs they really loved that you would never guess just by looking at them. For example, the lead singer of a black metal band here said that every time he heard “Please Don’t Go Girl” by New Kids on the Block, he has to stop what he’s doing and sing along.

My “guilty pleasure” song is Cameo’s Word Up. I can’t hear that song without hollering it from the top of my lungs, complete with hands waving in the air and all the dance moves. Plus, nobody can rock a red cod piece like Larry Blackmon.

What’s yours?

IndySent 7 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

86 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Been singing it since i saw it in the theaters lol

@evestrat loooooove that scene!

Ok, a bit of as different direction, and old , but "Red Red Wine "

So many. And I agree, no sense in feeling guilty. My oldest son and I know all the words to Shoop by Salt-N-Pepa. We belt it out in the car when it rolls up on shuffle. Cake by the Ocean is another.

Both great songs!

So many songs... I am going to toss "rock lobster" by the B-52's in the hat!

@evestrat very cool! I didn't realize they were still performing live

I really hate to admit this, but I love to hear Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla ice.

yeah its cool

It gets me every time!

I love this song. I heard it and liked it before I even knew that Gangsta's paradise existed

for the whole period

Source:

I still love Swing! Jazz, dance, swagger & great beats & melody! Almost as good as Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll! In this case it was Sex, Drugs & Swing!!!

If you feel guilty about enjoying anything from The Count then you got problems!

@d_day former Catholic

@btroje that explains it.

non specific

Stalker song

@DobbinPitch makes you wonder why its one of the most requested records at weddings

@magicwatch i know, right?! Ysy! I married my stalker!

Probably my favorite band : )

My guilty pleasure song would be Wannabe by Spice Girls.

Source:

Every time I hear that song I think to myself, "Well, I'm not as young as I used to be, but I'll surely give it a go!"

Oooh! That's a good one. The cover of it by Korn was really good, too.

Sorry, meant to post this one, the other I sent to my sister!!!...

Well, tough to call it a "guilty pleasure" as I love about everything by this group, even after Lowell George passed, but...

Anything by REO Speedwagon. And that Nazareth song... Hair of the Dog.

Nilsson, Somewhere Over was the Rainbow

El Paso, Marty Robbins

Great song, and also covered hundreds of times by the Grateful Dead.

OMG, I frick'n LOVE that song!

????@MrLink

Mine is an ACTUAL guilty pleasure cuz I’m a feminist! Which is why I’m not posting the video for the song you CANNOT tell my daughter I love, Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. I mean if you don’t watch it or really think about the words, it’s amazing musically.

Ditto! I totally get it!

I thought of that one too 🙂

You should see me singing that one in the car. Strange looks from State Troopers.

I like this song! Never saw the video before, though. 🙂 That's quite an outfit.

Anything by Freddie Mercury gets me singing. I sing despite my son, telling me as a toddler, to, "Please don't sing, mommy." Lol. But my guilty pleasure is song by the late, great, Joe Cocker called, "You Can Leave Your Hat On" for Kim Bassinger's dance in 9 1/2 weeks.

I'm no Kim Bassinger, and while I'm more likely to trip as I go through the doorway or slip on the floor while twirling, this song just moves me on every level. It is my guilty pleasure 🙂

Aqua I'm a Barby girl or shakera hips don't lie or maybe apple bottom jeans with he furs yet can't remember who sings it though.

Tainted Love by Soft Cell. But yes, now that I think about it, I'm not guilty about it at all. In fact, I have a rule that if that song comes on, it stays on ; )

Scream - Avenged Sevenfold

'Hail to the King' is my current favorite from them

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.