Agnostic.com

86 16

What’s your “guilty pleasure” song?

I actually dislike the term “guilty pleasure”. If it makes you happy, then why feel guilty about it? But I saw this question on another forum, and it was a lot of laughs to see what songs people were either “ashamed” to admit that they really liked, or songs they really loved that you would never guess just by looking at them. For example, the lead singer of a black metal band here said that every time he heard “Please Don’t Go Girl” by New Kids on the Block, he has to stop what he’s doing and sing along.

My “guilty pleasure” song is Cameo’s Word Up. I can’t hear that song without hollering it from the top of my lungs, complete with hands waving in the air and all the dance moves. Plus, nobody can rock a red cod piece like Larry Blackmon.

What’s yours?

IndySent 7 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

86 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love this thread! And this oldie by Miley Cyrus, “Party in the USA”.

Muse's "Madness." It's everything I hate in contemporary music, yet I love it.

Can't help it, I love this song
Remi Level 7 Apr 4, 2018

Anything I can head bang to!

A Japanese electro-goth group called Aural Vampire has a couple of really catchy songs; I particularly love "Freeze" and "Darkwave Surfer"... but I wouldn't be caught dead blasting them in my car.

@xamountofstars I also enjoy Baby Metal's backing musicians, but I am a little too old to embrace the kawaii cultural crossover.

@xamountofstars have you ever checked out Cthonic? Black metal band out of Taiwan that mix in classic Chinese instruments.

Well in my music style alot of people don't like Nickleback but i like some of theirs and "side of a bullet" jams pretty damn good!

Tarzan boy.

Often when I’m driving alone in the car on a long trip I rock out to rage against the machine.

And this from one of the best songwriters of the time (& a bit of a wayback machine for some of y'all!)...

Anything by KC and the Sunshine Band. (Yes, I’m that old)!

s-a-t-u-r-d-a-y night! I got razzed for liking that song back when it was all there was to listen to

What I Like About You - The Romantics
This is the best get em up dancin song that ever existed in rock n roll (at least that's what i think)
And I do not feel guilty at all about liking The Romantics

one of the first songs I learned to play on the guitar

Sex Type Thing by Stone Temple Pilots for its disturbing combination of a sexy beat, a sexy voice, and rapey lyrics. Did I win?

Too many folks actually listed good songs including 'Word Up'! A guilty pleasure is a stupid and or mindless, lowest kind of denominator song. Mine is 'Calling Dr. Love' by Kiss.

Watch "Les flammes d'enfer - Austin Pitre and The Evangeline Playboys" on YouTube

So many to mention, I say Still loving you by the Scorpions, its a great power ballad

The Promise, When in Rome

My alarm has been set to play that song for months! I have always loved it. I had the cassingle when it first came out. (Remember those?!)

Can't have just one.

I have none

"Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus!

There's a couple of country girls that fall into the guilty pleasure category for me. Kacey Musgraves and Jana Kramer have texture and twang. I don't remember how I came across Jana Kramer, but I definitely started listening to her just because she was smoking hot, but then I really started to enjoy her voice and phrasing and from there, I found Kacey Musgraves. It's fun music that I really only listen to on my long road trips from NJ to FL when I hit SC and GA, but when it pops into the random rotation at home it always brings a smile to my face.

I think they just rock cod in Norway

got me dancin

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.