Agnostic.com

20 6

Just wanted to sign in and say "hello" - just joined to meet and chat with some interesting folk from around the world 🙂

ChrisR 6 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just joined yesterday. I'm in Fairbanks, Alaska. It was pretty exciting to discover a site that is specifically for people with no belief! So hi!

Welcome and I'll bite: What's the dream job?!

Ahh, I ran away from the IT industry to do a job that combines my computer database & programming skills with my hobbies, which were all entomological taxonomy and biological recording based. So now I work at the Natural History Museum in London, mentoring the next generation of taxonomists and doing lots of interesting jobs in the UK Biodiversity department ... and looking after a big database 🙂

Aw, that is so great to hear. Really. I've long held this theory that following all the strands of interest eventually weave back together. Good to see it's true for you. Now I'll just keep seeking my Cultural Exchange-Communication-Mental Health-Journalist outlet!

I was born in battle hospital which I hear is now gone. what's more i hear reading is a trendy place to be. it was fu==ing dangerous in the 70's so that's quite the turnaround . the only berkshire word I can remember is "din" [dumbass]

Yes, the Battle Hospital is now a huge Tesco, a carpark and a few fairly tasteful apartment blocks. The old main gate on the Oxford Road is still there but I guess it is listed so they couldn't get rid of it. You would hardly recognise the middle of the town either - just for fun Google Streetview it 😉 It's not a bad place to live (good shops, cinemas and restaurants) and it's an easy commute up to the day-job in London.

Well hello from " not so sunny Florida today"! Hope you enjoy the site. I think it's very interesting!

Well hello from " not so funny Florida today"! Hope you enjoy the site. I think it's very interesting!

Welcome - the more the merrier.

Welcome, ignore your spell checker, colour does have a "u" in it and computers like to use "z" too often. Yes I am crazy, am referring to a previous post on which side of the road to drive on. The welcome still stands.

computors

@markdevenish ha, that used to be me before computers, I was a number cruncher

Welcome and enjoy!

Welcome, Chris.

welcome to this great site of interesting & colourful people, Chris!

Welcome here and enjoy

Hi and welcome! Hope you enjoy

@ChrisR -- Hello, and welcome, mate.

Welcome Chris, new here too 🙂

SCDee Level 3 Jan 28, 2018

There are a bunch of interesting folks on this site, mostly friendly and open, and we seem to represent several countries. Welcome!! I hope you like it here.

Hi Chris R. How are things on your side of the pond?I am in Michigan AKA the great lakes state.

It's cloudy and a bit wet and cold but I am guessing we have nothing on your winters there 😀

welcome

Hi Chris! Glad you joined us!

Welcome. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19100
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.