Agnostic.com

27 2

Whats your opinion of the Bible?

I was raised on the Bible, Im an atheist now. But I do have respect for the book, considering how old it is, and it does have some good advice.
Id like to hear your opinions, thanks

gater 7 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a derivative of the Sumerian writings, which predates the Bible by 2000 years, but has similar stories, except from the perspective of aliens who genetically engineered humans to work the gold mines.

In the Noah and Ark story, for instance, the main Sumerian "god" leader, Anu, of the blood-thirsty White Draco race, was planning for them to withdraw from the earth a ways to avoid the coming flooding that would occur when another planet passed too close to earth, letting the slaves drown.

But the two gods who created the humans in the first place, using their own DNA mixed with native human apes, and also genetically engineered wild and domestic animals as well, secretly saved their favorite Noah family, showing them how to build a submarine, and storing animal DNA in it, instead of the real animals.

The origins of human beings according to ancient Sumerian texts [ancient-origins.net]?

Heeey - I like those Sumerians. Thats a story that would make a fantastic movie. I'm going to read up on them. I have always wondered about the "synchronicity" of how the 12 elements of the biblical creation story compare to science.

"Nine are scientifically correct, and just two are in the wrong order: birds and plants.
One is scientifically wrong: the creation of man."

[huffingtonpost.com]

Even the bird plant thing, out or order, is probably pretty impressive after , say 4000 years.

Considering the confused stories from other civilisations, emphasize the singularity of wherever this "estimate" came from.?

The Sumerian Alien idea makes it even more fascinating 🙂

@BanjoTango The original Hebrew tells the creation story differently than how it was translated for the KJV version of the Bible; for example, the word translated "created" can also mean to bring to increasing levels or organization. The word translated "dust" means particles. The word translated "rib" meant a walled room, and can also mean "cell." But the idea that humans were genetically engineered was a story that made more sense than the one in the Bible.

@birdingnut How fascinating. I was always intrigued by being told that the Hebrew word for God in the Old Testament (Elohim) was literally Elois ( God) and Heim, the Hebrew suffix for plural or many. Personally, if I were an advanced civilization mining the universe, I'd bring a lot of help too. Don't you love a good fantasy, it beats reality everytime. 🙂

@BanjoTango Well, when I read it I felt relief. I really had been bothered, even when still religious, that the Hebrew god of the Bible was so cruel and blood-thirsty ordering his armies to kill every man, woman, and baby, and to kill the animals, etc. Ordering people who picked up a stick on Saturday to be stoned to death, etc. The Sumerian writings account is more scientific and makes more sense to me than the Bible account, which seems like badly copied bootleg copy of the Sumerian account.

It's obvious that "Anu" is the Hebrew god, and he was unabashedly blood-thirsty, requiring blood sacrifices from his human slaves, since that race of beings drinks blood.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19189
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.