Agnostic.com

6 1

What are the easiest and best ways to be atheist activists. What have you done?

Levi_Hinton 7 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Be vocal. Be charismatic and talk to people.

It's a good question. I feel bad that I can't do more, that I don't have the means and profile to do more. Where I am there's not much in terms of groups and associations, like there are in the US. It's something I think about, wishing to do more to promote atheism and challenge religion. I almost feel guilty I can't do more. That's why I admire the prominent atheist activists and all they do.

I just don't hide it and get on with life and explain how stupid it is.

Don't push Atheism on anyone, but be willing to answer questions.

Don't flaunt Atheism, but make sure everyone knows you are an Atheist.

Be as moral as possible. Lead by example!

I spread the gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

how can you be sure that is the flying spaghetti monster?

I try to volunteer in my community in any way I can. There are a few animal shelters near by as well as other local charities. I became an EMT, and I used to do SaR missions. I even donate my time on occasion to a church or two in town.

@marcus_angelus I can't imagine going through that. I will look into options available to me to help out however I can. Hang in there and keep in touch with me. Send me a PM with any information and I'll do what I can.

@donotbelieve I don't care who is doing good, as long as it's being done.

Thanks, I think we need healing as a species. No better way than to help people live better lives.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19394
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.