Agnostic.com

30 6

Seems like as safe a place as any to ask this! Many men say they like a strong woman. But, in action, I have seen many slink away after initial attraction. I don't respect game playing, I.e., withholding interest or affection to keep a man hooked. But, honestly, is that what some/many men want? I hate to generalize, but the experience repeats! Is an attractive, confident woman who admits she likes you to easy? or scary?

Lydiaeli 6 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To me there is a difference between 'strong' and 'assertive'. Assertive should be the ability to say and do what you want without being aggressive. I am very attracted to an assertive, open woman. That way I don't have to play guessing games plus it makes it easier for each of us to do our own thing. My late partner was very assertive in a loving way and I could never go back to anything else.

My uncle was a German who fought as a tank commander in Russia for 4 years (including the battle of Stalingrad). He was captured and spent 5 years in a Russian gulag. Needless to say he was tough. He met my aunt when they were in their 50's. He said he wanted a strong woman and had a lot of books with strong women as central figures. They fought like cats and dogs for 34 years. When she died he cried like a baby. I asked him why because she treated him like dirt. He said he knew but he missed her!!

Maybe it is where you are from...I don't know too many 'weak' women...playing games leads to a bad relationship foundation, I think...all the women I know are pretty damn strong...I realize as I am typing this all I can say is this: be glad they slink away, because who needs that type of person in your life, anyway.

How do you mean strong? If someone is intelligent this is an asset. If they are aggressive this means that they are driven and want power, power gets capital and capital can buy things. If a woman is passive aggressive can bee seen a deceitful. There are a lot of factors that come into play it is hard to just say. Some woman carry authority better than others. Just the example of Diane Sawyer she is strong but shows vulnerability. Roseanne Barr just intimidatingly aggressive. Think it just depends how the woman is perceived.

The word is not aggressive but assertive.

I certainly don't like the game playing. I wonder if that's really what you're experiencing. Perhaps you're "strong" to the point of seeming dominating? I think lots of guys would be put-off by that.

I need honesty even if it's just for a fuck

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19424
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.