Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Is There an Upside to Having Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court? - YouTube

The only option we have now is to work towards a constitutional amendment to eliminate big money from politics.

EdEarl 8 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No unless he has a heart attack he will be around for a quarter of a century or longer.

I am honestly not sure. What I do know is I read an op-ed recently where the author claimed it was actually good strategy that the Democrats in congress pulled off, even though they lost the battle, because (paraphrasing here) we did these things without overexerting in congress. Ol' Turtle Shell did do some pretty drastic stuff in order to make these things happen, so it actually pumped up the Democratic base a bit and pissed off some conservatives, so now we may have a slightly better edge in any senate race, and we're nearly certain to lock in the house, unless the Russians hack us again.

I'm nowhere near so optimistic as that - the entire time, it felt to me like Democrats were, as usual, struggling to find the right political strategy to make it even seem like they were making an effort. Saying, "I strongly object" louder and louder does virtually nothing when the majority party has their fingers in their ears.

Sorry, didn't mean to vent on your post, just got a lot on my mind lately.

NP rant on. You made some good points.

I agree! one place we can put our energy!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:195557
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.