Agnostic.com

7 1

LINK Pope blames the ? Devil for church's woes

Wow! So it isn't the church officials molesting kids and other church officials covering it up?!

Anyone who thought this Pope is different than the other popes are fooling themselves.

DGJ0114 7 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is just a very standard "circle the wagons" deflection. The real threat is the church's own perfidy, but they do not want the sheeple united for meaningful reform. It is better for them to feel threatened externally rather than internally, so they project onto an imagined bogeyman. If Satan is to blame, then the church, or the foundational principles of the church, or its administrators, or how it is organized, cannot be to blame.

The delusional disciples of gawd rarely take responsibility for their actions, or lack there of. It's much easier to blame a mythical deity for all of their wrongdoings and transgressions. The devil has been gawd's scapegoat ever since they were created by man's imagination. Every time I hear someone say, "The devil had a strong grip on the Duggar boy", it makes me wonder how they have managed to stay alive for as long as they have.
?

It is an excuse they have used for a very long time. Yet, they don't mention that their book says very clearly that their "god" created the Devil and allows it and its underlings to do the things they do.

I think the churches' woes can be blamed on celebicy..

I know a Mennonite who blames the world's problems on the Devil. I think we should blame them on Bert and Ernie.

Absolutely.

Come on now. Bert and Ernie haven't done anything to deserve to be thrown under the bus.
?

And to think Archbishop Vigano thought it was people.

Best scapegoat the Catholic Church has had for the past 2000 years.

BD66 Level 8 Oct 8, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:196393
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.