Agnostic.com

51 2

What matters most in a potential spouse?

Be realistic and honest are things like wealth more essential to you for a happy future than, looks/personality/charisma, etc.?

paul1967 8 Oct 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

51 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Honesty ,love animals,faithful

Those are all very important!

A spouse that is unashamed of, and completely comfortable with, their own wealth.

Consent.

But seriously, similar values.

I have that Skeptic T-shirt. I used to watch Dusty, but not so much anymore.

Must love animals!!!
Must be more intelligent than I am.
Must love adventure.
Must be able to put up with me and my non-mainstream ideas and lifestyle.
Must not be clingy and need to know where I am and what I’m doing at all times.

Compatible sense of humor.
Hobbies that we can at least participate from time to time.
Emotional stability.
Similar approach to conflict solving.
Similar ambitions on personal/professional life.
At least will to take care of looks/physical and mental health.
Civilized distance or plans to reduce it

Honesty and chemistry.

Unearthly tolerance, apparently.

Most? Character.

In a word (possibly two words), common decency 🙂

Looks not so important although I do have a "type". Politics very important. Money..not so important but must have means because I can't support him financially. Be kind...be smart...be funny. My ideal i suppose is someone i can talk to for hours and we make each other think...make each laugh...and then have great sex and fall asleep in each others arms.

Most important is easy:

-An exceptionally high level of intellect. Smart gets better with age.

-Close second but also essential: She seeks the right answer, rather than seeking to be right.

These two characteristics in your partner and your life will be interesting every day and you will seldom, if ever argue.

Communication and fairness. Oh and not being batshit crazy kinda top my list! Money? No just help out a little. Looks? Eh, as long as I'm not turned off during sex. Personality? Such a broad and long topic. So many relationships are different, as long as we get along.

Honest, kindness, and a fun sense of humor.
I've had money. Didn't really make the relationship worth much.
It's ideal he's handsome (to me), and we enjoy each other

I would date anyone who doesn't have a personality disorder. That's harder to find than it should be. I think I could get along with and marry anyone without a personality disorder. And good sex that's pretty important. Otherwise, you're friends, actually.

After being with my now-ex for 40± years, I have been thoroughly enjoying being single for about two years now, and I honestly have zero desire to re-marry! A potential partner, however, yes, that has appeal! I have my own money, so I am not looking for someone to take care of me, but ideally he has a similar economic situation so we can travel, explore, dine out, whatever, and there is no discomfort about one being able to afford what the other cannot. I want a gentleman with solid communication skills, decorum, sense of humor, and just wants to be with me to do whatever!

I have been single for about two years now, and I honestly have zero desire to re-marry! A potential partner, however, yes, that has appeal!

Just never lie
anything else maybe diffrent and changable

Compatible humor, mutual respect, and complimentary conflict resolution skills.

Honesty and good communication.

Loving each other everyday your together, and missing each other when your apart.

A mutual attraction.
Similar life outlooks.
Not necessarily wanting marriage.
Willing to put up with each others faults and imperfections.
Love of animals.

Don't most Women want marriage? If there's children does,it not legitimizes them?

@Mike1947 If she notices my age, she'll understand.

@Mike1947 I don't think anyone worries about legitimate anymore.

@Mike1947 I don't know about most women, but I know I have no intention of ever getting married again.

Physical attraction is the trigger without it I wouldn't start a relationship. If the goal is a "living together" type relationship many factors play a role.

Personality, compassion, empathy, and love. Physical attraction is a smaller piece of the equation as I grow older. Shared interest and values are kind of important also.

Compassion,calm demeanor,easy going,not argumentative,simple needs.

To be honest, it's not one thing, rather all of the above.
I have to admit that looks to have some weight, but, intelligence, sense of humor, personality etc. go a long way as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:196852
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.