Agnostic.com

44 9

Were you the popular type in high school or more the keep to yourself type?

I guesss I can say I somewhat kept to myself, but I did have friends and was involved in activity, plus help raising my younger brother growing up. I hope I don’t sound too much like a loser. Hahaha!

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hung with the hippie crowd..it was awesome

Jealous, I was as close as our school came to having a hippie and was only because I surfed in Byron Bay OZ, and at that time that is where the hippies were, so a hippie crown of one.

My experience is similar to yours. Had some good times...but my oldest friend is from college. I have a lot of friends who have died.

I was a gymnast, so I got a bit of a social override from that, but actually a bit shy...

I was in a cultish religion, so I was the one hiding in the corner. Attending school was hell.

JK666 Level 7 Jan 30, 2018

Pimple faced nerd with no confidence or social skills. Stuck to myself a lot.

Was out cast. I was on jr varsity basketball team my freshman year. Never found that the jocks could talk about anything. I stayed around the nerds protected some of them. None of the jocks can play chess. Nerds rule the world anyway.

I kept a very low profile in high school. Flying under the radar so to speak. 😉

No... I didn't fit in. My buddies and I became introverts. We had our own agenda. The ladies next door and growing up to quickly.... we were a mess...

No , I was not.

Dork, definitely not one of the cool guys, high points few, and as for popularity with the girls, well let's not go there. But even then I'd take religious kids on, even a Reverend Jonnie or two in debate. Guess the dye was cast.

My afro was the largest in the school. Only student that managed to start school of 9:50. I got away with so many things in my life and school that it is ridiculous and not even fair. I had 2 classes in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. As a senior. I was a dealer. All in my past. I could had failed my classes and they would had passed me to get rid of me. The principal told me your are graduating when I hinted dropping out to go to new york and comeback next year. She said No, you are graduating. My H.S. infamous for years for having in every class one student in his 5th year when it was a 3 year program. I think my class in 1972 was the first one without a former member of 1970 class. I was out of control. I lead a "strike" because during the primaries they used the school and when we arrived monday morning the school was not cleaned, so Tuesday we chained the main doors and if someone wanted to attend classes would had to go thru the school back door. Wednesday, the school was clean or the chains go back up. The school was large and very impressive for many things, was the "It public school" in Puerto Rico. Central High School nicknamed "El Palacete" because of the columns.

Ohhh very nice!!!

I was the kind to skip school as often as possible.

I was a loner and I still am.

i was a total wallflower goofball that kept to himself. No clubs/sports, etc. definitely not one of the cool kids!

Was the small bookish/nerd guy at a tiny school in very rural Louisiana. Skipped my senior year to go to college early as never looked back.

Ohub Level 7 Jan 30, 2018

I was a social outcast. My ideas, not to mention my sexuality was taboo.

Definitely not popular . I was probably the only one to cut class and go to the library. I did not fit in .No clubs, and no sports except I enjoyed swimming class and art class.I would get really depressed at the end of summer in anticipation of the new school year.

I did not fit in. I wasn’t athletic or popular. I did have a small circle of friends. We used to play Dungeons and Dragons.

I was popular because my buddies and I had a band and the keyboard players mom let us throw wild shows in the living room. One time we lit our buddy Jarred on fire. He was wearing coveralls as well as many other layers but still incredibly reckless and stupid. But I really only associated with my band mates and a hand full of other burn outs. So I was popular in that people knew me as the lead singer of Silence(my band) but I kept to my circle because I was known as the lead singer of Silence. We where a mix of Marilyn Manson, The Misfits and Primus. Everyone thought we where into animal sacrifices and things of that nature. My best friend Vera(the keyboard player) and myself where known as "the black twins" by the faculty. On account all we'd wear is black. Haven't thought about those days in a while. Thanks EmeraldJewel for posting a question that filled me with fond memories of my reckless youth.

I was a puppet master. I don't know if it made me popular. Just...effective?

Everyone likes my antisocial, nihilistic self. I don’t get it.

I went to Bronx Science. It is a school for the kids who would not be popular in some other High School.

Painfully shy. Barely talked to anyone but a few friends. I think some may have thought I was stuck up, but no, just too afraid to speak. I don't know what happened to that girl but somewhere in my mid twenties the tables turned, and now you can't shut me up!! 🙂

Lol I was like that, too. People actually thought I could not talk. 8th grade for me was hell, though as everyone hated me and I was bullied.

@EmeraldJewel, I was lucky, no bullying.

you're slung with all these strangers and expected to get on with them. all my siblings were a good bit older than me and bullied me or told me to fuck off and then at school similar shit from teachers and kids. I've taught myself way more than anyone ever taught me and often the hard way.

I've always been a loner. I didn't understand then at school and tried to fit in. I hated school.

I was the go-to target for softcore bullying K-12. And college.

You know how a sick chicken gets pecked on, and all the other chickens can't stop pecking on it? I'm the sick chicken.

OK, I can really relate to that, instead of sympathy, they all get off on picking on the poor bastard who is already doing tough. From 6 to 14 it wasn't soft bullying in my case.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19737
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.