Agnostic.com

3 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hope this spreads far and wide on the Internet so that many more people can read it and THINK!!!

spread it far and wide 🙂)

g

I was about to share this, but had a feeling it'd be here already! I'll go share it everywhere else though.

It's a shame we need to dumb it down. I don't have the fear that many women have, as I've never really had any incidents happen. However, just because I haven't experienced it, doesnt mean I don't get it. Men shouldn't have to experience to get it, but why don't they get it? (A lot of men do, though)

i think the best-intentioned men get it intellectually to the extent that they know women are not objects and would not rape, and are horrified when other men do rape -- but i don't think most men really know how normalized the threat is for women, to the extent that we have to take steps to protect ourselves that shouldn't be normalized, and to the extent that some women don't even protect each other, so entrenched in the culture are we.

g

@genessa I can agree with that.

@genessa agreed. It's difficult for many men to visualise and appreciate the everyday, practically accepted consequences. I think the article has been fantastically helpful with that.

This made me tear up. My entire life, in this one article.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:197596
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.