Agnostic.com

48 12

If you ever attended church, did you ever pay tithe?

I guess you can call me the selfish type, but I never really paid. I was too worried about my own needs first. Even when I was underage and had to attend church sometime I just looked at the church as a religious business like any other business out to make money. I also kept noticing the preachers appeared to have been living a luxurious lifestyle with their fancy suits and brand new cars. Ok, I’ll tell you, but I’m not proud of this. Out of all the times I went to church, I probably donated once and had no intent to donate no more. I kept noticing the preachers kept gaining fancy things and I said to myself,” Fuck this shit! Everything is about me now!” They would always say god would reward people that gave to the church, but I kept seeing all the faithful that donated for years to their religion who never seemed to be getting anywhere in life. When it came time these people needed help, the pastors would never do anything to help them and would tell them to pray to god because god would help them find a way. Ain’t that a b*tch!!!

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

48 comments (51 - 48)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19778
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.