Agnostic.com

3 4

Was your mom silly?

I loved my mom. She gave me packs of cigarettes when I was kid. Old come home form school and she would be singing. I came over to visit on time and she was singing, sky rockets in site, afternoon delite, oooooh oooooh afternoon delite..... I said mom, do you know what that song means? No .. lol. I never told her.... she was happy...

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My Mom always had the best jokes, and a sense of humor in the most difficult situations.

skado Level 9 Jan 31, 2018

Wow, you touched a nerve. My mom was sweet and kind. The elevator went to the top, it just didn't necessarily go quickly. It took a while for her to get jokes, especially if they were slightly off color. My dad's brother was so in love with her that he fell in love with her sister too, and married her. And they're still happily married 70 years later. Anyway, my mom gave all for her family. 6 kids and my dad was a brickmason, and frequently unemployed. His job was seasonal and he did not tone down his opinions. My mom was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer in 1972, and passed on in November 1972. I was 14. As a woman you never get over losing your mama.

I'm lucky. I still hve my mom around. Unfortunately, I don't get to see her or dad as often as I'd like since they live in another state. I was always the silly one in the family though. Always making my mom laugh. I'd get in trouble for doing stupid shit and then I'd make her laugh as she busted my ass. True story.

Duke Level 8 Jan 31, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19823
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.