Agnostic.com

53 8

How many places have you lived?

I'm thinking about distinctly different places, not moving down the street. I've lived in Maryland, South Florida, Central Florida (several cities within), and now... Okie Ville. I don't remember living in Texas, but I was born there.

You?

silvereyes 8 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Long story short:
Burgas, Bulgaria 0-18 (18 years)
Sofia, Bulgaria 18-27, 28-32 (14 years)
Stockholm, Sweden 27-28 (1 year)
Chicago, IL, USA 32-... (currently live here)

26 years in Belfast, Northern Ireland

3 years in Cambridge, Massachusetts

45 years in Melbourne, Australia

That's it, folks!

I was born in Indiana and moved to Las Vegas, NV.

How much time do you have? Let's just say my mom has always been a "the grass is greener over there" kind of person when it comes to where she lives. The one good thing I got out of that is that I have never been afraid of change. Let's see....I'll count after.

0-3 - SANTA MONICA/SAN FERNANDO VALLEY
3-5 - Southern Idaho - PAYETTE
6-15 - North Idaho
The house that burned down - POST FALLS
Some house that used to be an Army barracks - ATHOL
The yellow house - COEUR D' ALENE
The Pettibone House (her first divorce here) - right across the road from the Yellow house
The one bedroom shack with five kids and the monster (second husband) - POST FALLS
The split level - POST FALLS
The farm house - COEUR D' ALENE (got our Welsh pony here/learned to ride motorcycle)
The Dover house - near SANDPOINT
Spokane Street house - POST FALLS
Corbin Road - POST FALLS - divorce from the monster
At 13 - moved to RENO, NEVADA for ONE month during the school year
The log house - COEUR D' ALENE (but Post Falls schools)
15 - 19/20ish
CANOGA PARK for a minute - Grandma's
RESEDA - paternal aunt and uncle
COEUR D' ALENE - with my mom -- till I realized why I left the first time. Didn't last long.
RESEDA - paternal aunt and uncle

Adult
GLENDALE
MISSION HILLS
SYLMAR
CHATSWORTH - daughter born
IDAHO - Viola/Moscow - dad's
SHERMAN OAKS
SEATTLE / FEDERAL WAY - mom/siblings there - daughter lived most of her life there
NEW ORLEANS - 9 years so far (plan on leaving when I retire or win the lotto)

So for me, several general areas and many many actual addresses.

So, a bit too confusing to count -- places, houses, whatever. We'll just say A LOT. The moving and always being the "new kid" was very disruptive, scary, and dysfunctional as a child.

In the present, with my daughter being grown, if I could live another 100 years, I'd try at least five or ten more places for 2-8 years each. Went Maine last summer -- OMG, I would LOVE to live there -- at least during the summer. Montreal is one of the coolest cities ever! Living near the Colorado Rockies would be a dream! Somewhere in California so I could have In-N-Out Burger and El Pollo Loco would be awesome. Somewhere near the Smoky Mountains.....life is just way too short.

Buffalo New York, Dallas Texas, Brevard County Florida.

That’s cool. Whereabouts?

Mishawaka, IN - grew up there 0-18yo
Terre Haute, IN, Indiana State University
Kingsport, TN, internship
Metamora, IL, teaching high school
East Peopia, IL first home
Charleston, IL, Asst. Prof, Eastern Illinois Univ.
Statesboro, GA, Georgia Southern Univ. - now retired

Born: Pennsylvania. Toddler: Kansas City, MO. Raised: Santa Barbara, CA. College: E. Lansing, MI. Returned to CA and lived in Laguna Beach, Palm Springs, Sausalito, Beverly Hills. Washington, D.C. Lived & worked 8 years in Honolulu, HI. Returned to CA and lived & worked 20+ years in Lompoc, CA. Currently in Albany, OR where I retired (more or less) 10 years ago.

Illinois, Indiana, Florida, California, Arizona, Nevada, Tennessee and Colorado.

Duke Level 8 Jan 31, 2018

I was born in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia. directly after my dad's place of employment shut down. My mom's brother said that he could work for a paint company that specialized in painting electrical substations throughout the US. I don't know how many places we live from that time till I went to Kindergarten, but I remember my mom talking about different place we went to. When the work was done, they pulled a trailer from trailer court to trailer court for 5 years. I'm guessing each substation took 3 months, based on the fact that I went to 5 different Kindergartens in 1 year. In one of them, they were teaching them how to tie shoes, in another, they were learning to read & write. This was hard on me they said, so when I went to first grade, my dad's dad said there was work available back where we still had property. So I ended up going to 2 first grades, & stayed there until I graduated & joined the Air Force. There, I lived in San Antonio TX, Wichita Falls TX, & Mountain Home ID. When I got out, I moved to Richmond KY. Then after a few years moving about in that area, I moved back to Northern WV, then Seattle WA for 6 months. I liked it there, but it was too expensive, so I moved back to KY again. Then I decided to live on the road for a couple of years & lived about thru PA, NJ, & eventually New England. After 911, I decided to live in Northern Maine, & tried to stay there for awhile. My dad died, so I moved back to another town in Hancock County WV for a few more years, then back to Maine for a few more. I now live in Wellsburg WV my so called hometown. Here, I have now lived in a house in town for over 5 years now, the longest I've lived anywhere since I left home to join the service in the late 80's. However, I live in a flood zone, & due to global warming, I think of moving again, even though it hasn't flooded here in roughly 15 years. Drastic fluctuations of heavy snow, followed by warmer rains is what causes it to flood here, & that has happened every year since I've been here. When it actually does flood, there have been so many close calls, I do not know if I will move or not. Some days I look for other places, & others, I wait for the inevitable . . .

Dougy Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

Born in GA raised in Chattanooga, TN lived between Chicago and Milwaukee, North of San Francisco, South of L.A., Luck, WI, Nashville, OK, Biloxi, MS, Now back in Chattanooga

Only Louisiana and Texas.

OH (8 places), TX (1), IL (2) ,ID (1), FL (2) GA (1) ,WA (1), CO (1) , KOREA (3)

jeffy Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

at least 6 months each in: berlin/germany, hamburg/germany, south germany, western australia, new south wales/australia, la gomera/canary islands, krabi/thailand, bali & java/indonesia.

I was born in Boston, but having itchy feet I've in several different cities...NYC, Brooklyn NY Marblehead & Brookline Mass, Houston Tx, Atlanta Ga, Gothenberg & Stockholm Sweden, and traveled extensively throughout Europe an the U.S..it it was awesome!

@silvereyes
That's what my Mom would say..followed by "you're my gypsy"..lol

If you mean towns or cities, 11. If you mean states, 4. If you mean countries, 2.

Never more than 200 klms from where I am now.

Dallas, Tx., Sacramento, Ca., Boston, Ma., Sinop Turkey, Heidelberg Germany, Frederick, Md., Warrenton, Va, Lawton, Ok., Seattle, Wa., now Lopez Island, WA.

Heidelberg and Lopez Island are my favorite.

during a short stay i enjoyed heidelberg very much.

Glendale, Arizona. Two places.
North Newton, Kansas. One place.
Tucson, Arizona. About four places.
Cairo, Egypt. One place.
Amman, Jordan. Two places.

I run out of fingers and toes counting, so I stopped. 😉

Duluth, MN
St Simon's Island; Brunswick; Cuthbert, GA
Basalt; Boulder, CO
Billings, MT

Nowhere's "home" anymore--except wherever I hang my hat...

NY, Florida, N.California, S. California, Phoenix, Philippines and Las Vegas

Visited 72 countries with wife and I have lived in 9 states and love Ct. the best even with high taxes

Ontario(×3,) New Jersey(x2,) New York, Illinois, Iowa, Oregon, Washington, Texas, CA (×4,) and Nevada. In terms of addresses, quadruple that. 🙂

Indiana, California, Illinois.

Of the three I liked SoCal the best.

Albuquerque New Mexico (born)
Carmel California
Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania (4 townships)
Orlando Florida
Columbia South Carolina
New Orleans Louisiana
Winter Park Florida
Dhahran-Khobar Saudi Arabia (war)
Kissimmee Florida (present).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19921
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.