Agnostic.com

23 4

Travel destinations

Where have you vacationed/visited? Favorite/Least Favorite place? Why?

Crimson67 8 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not enough places! Canada, USA, Fiji, Rarotonga, Samoa, Australia x3, Indonesia x5, Malaysia, Japan, Thailand, Singapore x2, UAE, Egypt x6, Greece, Turkey. My favourites are Greece Egypt and Indonesia. My least favourite was Toledo Ohio, that was kinda boring, maybe I wasn't going to the right places?

Sacha Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

I would love to see Spain too! I would love to do Portugal and Spain at once! wow wow! Greece is stunning, especially the Greek Island, travel tip.. take the ferry from Athen that goes around all the islands so you can spend as much time as you like, don't take a cruise.

@witchymom I believe being gay is illegal too, but gays still go there, so do atheists, they are not going to give you bible verses to quote when you enter the country. Anyway it is their lose already with a huge down turn in tourism since their revolution a few years ago, this will not make it any better, possibly worse. My friends in the tourism industry over there, tour guides, have had to leave Egypt to look for work, one now lives in Oman and the other now lives in Kuwait. So Egypt are not doing themselves any favours. Its already that bad.

@Sacha or the right company?

Here and there, but mostly the US. My favorite place so far is either Bend, Oregon (Portland is pretty awesome too) or the Ring of Kerry in Ireland. These areas are just gorgeous. I say Bend because my partner and I went hiking nearby at Lake Todd and it was probably the best hike we've ever gone on.

Least favorite...hmmm. Probably South Plainfield, NJ. I've been there a few times and have had subpar food, beer, and interactions with people. I don't understand how a place can have so many massage parlors.

I went to Bend Oregon, it was so pretty! 🙂

Massage parlours? Is that real massage or a euphenism for brothel?

@FrayedBear My guess is either brothel or the "happy ending' parlors. They were super seedy lookin'.

@Chephren
Were there any women in the town?
Did you question/examine the women to find out if the are only having intercourse with god, not indulging because of an STD epidemic?
All the local men are lousy lovers/ sadists/ infected?

Sorry I can't take your conclusion seriously without further data. 🙂
8)

Well, I'm no longer welcome in Canada, long story. So I would rank that as my #1 bad vacation destination. I really like Arizona.

I encited a riot in Halifax, Nova Scotia. 4 cop cars were destroyed. I got deported. Fuck Canada.

@orange_girl Stuff as in illegal narcotics?

@jayneonacobb LOL. Canadians rioting - isnt that an oxymoron?

I'm American, we cause shit every where we go. It was an accident though. Wrong place, wrong time.

Hawaii,Sicily, Mexico,Jamaica,Puerto Rico and its Island of Calibra,Bermuda,Dominican Republic,Costa Rica,Canada,San Francisco,Lake Tahoe ,Idaho,Las Vegas,Grand Canyon,Yellowstone National Park,Arizona, Wyoming,Utah,Florida Keys, Everglades National park, Virginia ,New Hampshire,Nantucket ,Vermont ,Washington DC,Pennsylvania,Chicago,Indiana,Cicily was one of my favorites because my family comes from there .

I've traveled almost not at all but I want to. Traveling by myself is a personal challenge I hope to make a reality. I'm thinking Japan. For a number of reasons with one being I'd be huge in Japan.

I'm going to Japan in about a month!

Currently vacationing out west.

Having a good time thanks @witchymom

Wauw, your'e asking a lot. I have been in several European cities, most vacations were to former Yugoslavia having nude camping vacations. But, not nude, I visited Munich, Paris, London, Amsterdam (of course), Cologne, several other German and French locations, Geneva, Vienna, Salzburg, Barcelona, too many to mention. I do like London and Paris a lot. Just for the feeling. Vienna too, but that is so exorbitant rich and a show of abuse of the poor, that I hardly can enjoy it.
I hope that is enough for now.

Gert Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

@josh_karpf Oh yea, Miami and the Keys were very nice too, and New York, and Washington, and Phoenix Arizona and the Grand Canyon, and Charleston, and Savannah. America has some beautiful places too 🙂.

Shinrin-yoku locally, I live in a small town with two blinker lights...only one has bulbs in it...can shinrin-yoku after a short walk in any direction.

The Philippines is amazing, Mexico and Japan are cool. I dig LA and Vegas for the legal weed (and other reasons). Chicago was alright, maybe better if we weren’t walking through the hood. The trains are cool, though. We have plans to visit Newark in about 4 months. Maybe New York, too.

I went to India for a month about 2 years ago. I LOVED it. I'd go back tomorrow if I could. It's a huge country and the people I met were so friendly and welcoming. The food was great. One of the highlights of the trip was bumping into the Dalai Lama as he was having a walk outside his temple in Daramasala.
Also because I was stressing about taking an instrument all that way and worried about getting it stolen or broken. I bought a cheap £15 ($20?) Ukulele tuned it like my banjo and ended up playing tunes to lots of Indian people.
Cultural imperialism at its best 😉

EUROPE : England, Scotland, Germany, Switzerland Austria, Italy
Asia: Japan and Viet Nam
Canada & Mexico
All over the US of A, including Alaska and Hawaii.

I love traveling. They are all my favorites. I have lived in Europe for 18 months and got a really good look at Germany. Plan on going back in 2019.

I have been to Italy three times but it's never enough.

I went to Hawaii in 1999. That's about it for formal vacations.

Haven't had much opportunity to travel but I do love California where I have relatives living.

My parents went to the English Lake District for about 50 years starting with their honeymoon. The Lake District is in about a fifty mile radius circle just south of the border with Scotland. It is a wonderful area of very low mountains that have been shaped by glaciers and river erosion leaving valleys and lakes. Despite travelling to different places, at one time on a weekly day trip basis, and extensively walking the country, after 50 years there were still many places that they had never visited.

I once talked with a 40-ish year old woman who had just returned from a trip back to her birthplace in Devon, England. There she encountered a primary school classmate who had never left apart from 3 years to study to be an optician at the university 50 miles away and to holiday with his family by the seaside in a resort 25 miles away. She was beside herself with disgust and denigration of the fellow for never having travelled. After I suggested that some people travelled inside themselves and became content and fulfilled with what they saw internally they did not need to scurry around the world searching for something to make them complete. I don't think she spoke to me again ... not that I cared.

According to people who know me, they say my life has been one long series of paid vacations. I think they are pretty close to right.

England was fabulous. I loved Seattle. Goshm I've been to too many places to choose from.

My parents took me to Canada about 4 yo
I went to Mexico with Spanish Class in HS

I grew up vacationing on a lake just North of Madison, WI [every weekend forever]
I moved to Seattle for a 9 year vacation and ended out here for my final retirement...

Chicago was tense...

Oh crap... that's a list. Ok here goes it.

1. Tennessee
  2. Florida
  3. Cancun
    4 Jamaica
    5 Bahamas
  4. Arkansas
    All fun...lpl

Been to all 50 states, 8 times to Hawaii, 8 times to Alaska, Most of the provinces in Canada, Haiti, Trinidad, Antigua, and the Philippines

In the US, have been to 49 states (only missing Florida). Canada, Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, British Isles - Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, England. Ireland, Poland, Germany, Netherlands, Mexico, Eritrea, Saudi Arabia, Crete, Turkey. Austria, Vatican.
Favorite places - they all had some good points. Places we talk about going back to are Aero, Denmark, and Crete. Loved the Scottish isles last summer, Shetlands, Orkney, Harris, Lewis, Skye, Mull, Iona. Next trip may include Berlin, Vienna, Prague, and Budapest.

Crete. Greece. City of Chania was my playground but I will drive for 2 hours to a village called Malia. As you go thru the village there is one street you need to turn into or you miss all the action. Ratio women to men was at least 8 to 1. How many americans? Just you and your boys since the Air Force left the Heraklion base. Women were ruthless, they look at you twice... you don't make your move, they don't have time for you to figure things out... they will move to the next target. Remember those women were on their Holidays looking for Brown Eyes.... blue, green, gray they had at home. You were the Exotic and the prey. Best year of my life... and the year for which all other years will be measured by, until the witness to my life appears and wipe this grin of my face. Least favorite is not even registered because I been to paradise.

I'm going to Wacken Germany this summer and I can't wait!!

My favourite place is a tiny village in Le Marche, Italy, where I have a small house.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19971
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.