Agnostic.com

35 8

Binge worthy TV Shows

What do you consider the top three binge worthy TV shows on right now? Why?

Crimson67 8 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hey, you are quite curious. How about you? 😉

Gert Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

@witchymom Fair enough. Hulu, Netflix, Smithsonian, all have lots to stream. Tell me what you decided and if it was a good choice.

I don't know if I can stick to three...(in no particular order)

I adore the Canadian show The Murdoch Mysteries. It's a detective show set in Victorian Toronto.
A brilliant detective and a woman medical examiner are the stars. It's in its 11th season, and they're all available on AcornTV, which is like a British Netflix. The production quality takes a little getting used to. It's not raw or gritty, you know you're watching actors on sets. But you don't care. The show and the characters are so charming. It's murder mysteries, but it's also light. Not an obvious comedy like Monk, but often funny. Maybe tonally similar to Murder She Wrote? Many episodes involve some new technology that is just being discovered.

The Great British Baking Show - all seasons are available on PBS now, I think. Absolutely charming reality competition for amateur bakers. The amateurs have serious skills, though, and they bake some incredible stuff! The competition takes place in a charming tent on the grounds of an old English estate. What's great about it is that everyone is so civil! They're supportive of each other, they get along, it's just sweet. And some of the traditional European baked goods they make are fascinating.

Shetland - a modern-day mystery set in the Scottish Shetland Islands. Available on Netflix. It's not action packed, it's a bit of a slow burner, but I was hooked. The characters are all so believable, and it was fascinating to see what life is like on Shetland. Beautiful scenery.

Poldark - 1700s Brittain drama. Totally binge worthy!
Bates Motel !!!!!!!!! Wonderfully Twisted!

Also...
The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - unique, hilarious, a joke-a-minute, great cast
Raising Hope - another great sitcom. Pissed it got cancelled!
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries - like the Murdoch Mysteries, but with a female lead and set in post WWI Australia. Watch for Miss Fisher's costumes if nothing else. Good clean fun.
The Magicians - Gets a little dark and twisted.
Call the Midwife - British drama, post WWII midwives serving the poor in London.

Loved Kimmy Schmidt. The Magicians is outstanding.

Watching Rumpole of the Bailey now.

@Irishathiest All of the episodes are on thepiratebay.org

LOST until the last one. i need to finish reading the post. no idea. havent had a tv in years.

I was in North Carolina for 6 months with nothing ( and when I say nothing, I mean no cable, no data, no internet, no phone signal)but a 8 inch portable DVD player, and i rode go to thrift shops and bring home old DVD's and one of them was lost. It was a great show until about season 4 or 5.

even the weird got strange sometimes. I liked Fringe also.

Frasier, Seinfeld, Black Adder, Absolutely Fabulous, Schitt’s Creek, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones ......

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Fargo and Shameless.

I don't know?... Wife says the Voice... Alienest...and everyone of those crime shows..

Breaking bad,
Westworld,
Hannibal,
Buffy the vampire Slayer,
Friends,
modern family,
doctor who

So much out there to watch. Based on what I’ve seen (Yes, I watch a lot of Netflix.) :
Stranger Things
Travelers
& Santa Clarita Diet

I’m often late to the party on some shows. Started binging “Lost” when it was several seasons in. And now, I just started Game of Thrones. Next will be some of the others mentioned.

If it is on network currently, I can't binge. Only one episode at a time. But streming, sure. Anyway, my favs,
Will &Grace, for the Sharp LGBT humor, timely socio-political references, and nostalgia.
Grace & Frankie, because apparently I like shows with Grace in them. Nah, it's the gay thing again.
And Stranger Things. Love the creepy twists from kid's perspective.

Ooh! Be sure to check out G&F. It is a Netflix original. Be sure to start season 1, episode 1. Tomlin and Fonda have great chemistry. And I have always been a Lily Tomlin fan.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19972
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.