Agnostic.com

8 3

So I came here to get away from theists...

PuppeteerPhil 5 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are always going to find people you don't agree with but I've found this site very good.

I haven't notice any strict believers here, they kinda sway like a willow tree! And, not one person has tried to 'save my soul from hell fire'...so what you read here is what you get! 'Like a box of chocolates you never know what you are gonna get.'

@PuppeteerPhil

I think that, for the most part, you came to the right place. Some folks here are in the process still, so for them there's a bit of uncertainty and some of their baggage hasn't been disposed of quite yet. They need kindness and a welcoming atmosphere until they get their footing.

There are some who haven't figured out that if one is going to leave behind one belief system because it is irrational that it's a good idea to leave all the rest of it too. They need guidance and support.

Some are reveling in their newfound freedom, but they've brought some hurt and anger with them. They need patience and understanding while they sort it all out and calm down.

I've found that the majority here are pretty nice people. I've run into a couple of antagonistic sorts, but they are more rare than breathable oxygen in Low Earth Orbit. For us old, battle scarred survivors of long term atheism, this place is like a breath of fresh air in a smoke filled room.

Now, to the important part of my response: What prompted the name 'Puppeteer'?

Oddly so did I..strange,huh?

How is that working for you? I am so happy I found this site! I hope you are too.

Anddddddd.........? What have you found? More theists or non-theists? You've been here nearly a month now - what do you think of it? Most of us are really enjoying this new site and it's like an oasis!

Also there is a really long thread on whether believers should be "allowed" on the site. Have you seen it?

I have met one.

Have not met one here yet!

Me neither.

There are not many here, but we do treat them with respect. Welcome

Theists? Here? Example?

@Condor5 They are around, but it's not for me to name them.

@AxeElf I like your style AxeElf.

@AxeElf oh, OK. Well, there you go.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20025
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.