Agnostic.com

23 2

Who else uses this website to talk frankly and candidly and NOT have what you say be seen by your facebook friends? I find myself doing that.

andygee 7 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am out of the closet. Whatever I say here I would gladly say there.

I didn't really mean atheist/agnostic stuff. I kind of meant quasi-embarrassing or politcally incorrect stuff.

@andygee I still pretty much say whatever I want wherever I want as long as I'm not at work lol

Yeah I'm not my true self on facebook because employers check it out. And apparently my true self is unemployable because I don't believe in god and I like to say "dirty" words like fuck.

OMG LOL 🙂

Everyone I know already knows I'm a huge asshole so I speak freely all the time. Even in social circles I am not a part of.

A couple days ago I called myself a fag as a pejorative - which is colloquial for me and my childhood - in front of an LGBT person and by the end of our exchange she called me the 'n' word which caught the ear of a black patron in the bar and they started getting into it.

And I got the hell out of there as fast as possible. The argument between those two got heated so quick.

Best story I've heard today!

Not me. Everyone of those on my FB Friends list KNOWS what I think about Religion, Politics, and pretty much whatever else. They do tend, as a group, to not share my opinions. Most are Christian and Conservative.

Raises hand Me, me, me, me!!!!!

Oh absolutely! Too many of my friends are religious.

I warn those who friend request me what they are getting into and then give them a few hours to mull it over. If they don't like what they see delete me or keep scrolling.

My facebook is public. I'm very open about my thoughts and beliefs. Online and irl.

Me. I don't write the same kinds of disclosures on FB. FB doesn't get into thought in general, as deeply as we do here. Plus it's a very mixed crowd, concerning religion and such. And too many that I know from day-to-day life, that I wouldn't share all the same things with, as I do here.

Interesting ...

I'm wide open on my Facebook. I don't feel any need to hide from anyone. I'm mostly preaching to the choir though, since most who disagree with me deleted me from their friends list during or shortly after the last presidential election.

d_day Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

I spend way less time on FB now, and I am far more selective of what I post on FB. I have a few religious friend, and I lost a number of "friends" last year over politics. Ya can't call yourself a christian and defend Trump to me. And no one here is also friends with my kids so no one is going to be cluing the kids in to what I post. Not that I've said anything here that my kids would object to.... I think....

I'm with you. I don't have the patience to explain my self to folks on Facebook.

I've curtailed my FB activity quite a bit since joining up here; and I've said many things here that I wouldn't there. Mostly my FB activity lately has been a little commenting on and sharing anti-45 related stuff.

I make many of my feeling know about non belief on Facebook ,but only on certain Facebook sites I belong to . I do not share these statements with Facebook friends or post on my page because most of these people are believers

FB sucks. I'm totally over it. The only reason I haven't jumped ship entirely is because it keeps me up-to-date on out of state friends and family.

But I stopped posting my true thoughts and feelings long ago. I don't put fuel in that drama machine.

My Fb only represents about 10% of my true personality, it is filled with puns and sci fiction references. Most people on Facebook are either trolls or snowflakes, where any deviation from the so called norm is responded too with agitation and disapproval. At least on this site, there is adult arguments with well rounded opinions. #freetobeme

All of my FB friends know I am on this site, as I posted it publicly. I also said I'd keep them updated on the happenings. So far, I've said the Agnostic community is welcoming, and intelligent. I don't care who knows about my (non)beliefs. Any problem they have with it is THEIRS, not mine.

I only use FB to stay up to date with events, I don't use messenger and info I post is only because it is easier than emailing everybody. I only have a couple of dozen contacts and I don't put things on here that they wouldn't be at least somewhat aware of.

I speak frankly anyway but I just don't get the bullshit responses on here.

Here or FB I say what I mean and mean what I say!

Yes. I don't talk about my political views with my old friends who are not into politics and social views. Some do. Personal stuff definitely not on FB-feel safe here.

I say what is on my mind on Facebook. I've lost friends over politics and religion, but 90% of what I see on Facebook is politics and religion anyway.

I got out of face book years ago. I like to learn, and have meaningful conversations. I like the support for the non theists.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20049
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.