Agnostic.com

15 16

I am really enjoying being on this site especially because of the members who think beyond the box and come up with such interesting things to say and question. I would like to humbly say I enjoy agnosticism most when it has moved beyond reacting to antiquated thinking and becomes authentic with creative ideas based on real individual experiences. I love the many quotes such as from Voltaire. For me, these marvelous quotes mean so much when they express a personal revelation and conviction.

think-beyond 7 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power shall the world come to know true peace." It's been said by many, Jimi Hendrix, Sri Chinmoy, and others im sure. One of my hands down favorite quotes for sure

One day, while riding in my car, I had a deja vue. I suddenly felt, saw, understood that love is not only an energy, but the main energy that unites all life. That included people and animals...all life. I wish I could really describe what I experienced. It pointed out how we go against the grain and how happy we could all be.

I know exactly what you mean. It's hard to put that kind of understanding into words really. It really is amazing though that when you look at things that way you realize that - like you said - we could all be a lot happier. I often wonder where we could be today if that kind of understanding could have become mainstream hundreds of years ago...

A saying that has given me pause for thought whilst on other sites has often been:

"A babbling brook rarely comprehends the depth of still waters!"

No quote. Simply my parting farewell in my written letters:

"I hope that the Companions of Health, Peace and Fulfilment travel with you throughout your life"

one of my favorite quotes comes from an obscure early 1980s movie. the quote is "No matter where you go, there you are" Anyone know the movie? words to live by.......

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Awesome!@Hominid

Welcome to the community!

Nena Level 6 Feb 1, 2018

WOW!!!!!!!!!

I feel the same way...we MUST be among friends?!

Or functional family unlike other sites where most are dysfunctional?

@FrayedBear ok..it does feel very normal...maybe this should be scary...after what we have been through the last few years! Lol

The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get long with those who do not possess it . VOLTAIRE

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to our little beach party. Grab a beer and stay a while!

Namaste

I know I stay up way too late and leave for work almost too late because of this site. It is great here!

Welcome to our little place and may you find friendship and happiness in our little home. Just be yourself.

I enjoy this sight too. I've see you around, and I am glad you are here.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20050
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.