Agnostic.com

13 8

QUESTION Elton John - I'm Still Standing - YouTube

This might be my anthem

HippieChick58 9 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Often enough us in the outside know so little of well known subjects... "madman across the water" could had been part of the "tumbleweed connection" (elton's first american release), but was held back and re-recorded as the next album title. Here is the original version recorded during "tumbleweed connection" sessions.

I will admit that after the yellow brick road album I stopped following mr john. Got too flashy for me. I was attracted not to him after all... I was attracted to his writing partner bernie taupin, his lyricist. Attracted in a lover of the craft of writing songs kind of way. His 2nd album "tumbleweed connection". An album about the western movies... And had songs like "Come down in time" and "Amoreena", I liked the lyrics and of course the play of the piano. Mr Taupin was like a teacher to me. I just don't get obsessive. And there is that "Where to now, saint peter" that put me in the middle of the civil war like no country song ever did.

Heard the song many of times , but I've never seen the video 👍

Dougy Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

I love Elton. I asked my daughters to have his Circle of Life played at my funeral. I saw him a couple of times in concert. It was life changing!

Tiny Dancer has already been chosen. I like this one too, great cover of the Beatles song.

👍

Rocket Man

Tiny Dancer is quite poetic

Monalisas and Mad hatters.

Great choice!

Mad Man Across the Water.

I'm still standing ya ya ya.... great song..

Elton is a terrific live perfomer,I saw him many years ago ,just him and a piano for 3 hours. Brought the house down,he really has the gift of entertaining.Was not particlarly a fan but he impressed me so much that night.

I love Elton John, The last few days I haven't been able to get the song Tiny Dancer out of my head, all because I read that people mistake the lyrics for Tony Danza.

Sacha Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

I think that is my favorite EJ song!

And this one, too! I'm claiming both as my personal theme songs!

So sad to hear about Tom's death. I came of age listening to his music.

Into the Great Wide Open Album is great from start to finish , & so was Tom Petty 👍

👍

@Douglas I'm still absolutely heartbroken over his passing. No pun intended. Probably saw him perform a dozen times. It was always a great show when he came home to Gainesville.

@KKGator I saw him once at a Rainbow gathering in Ocala back in '02 . He was the real deal

@Douglas Yes, he really was. I haven't had the death of anyone famous affect me like this since Stevie Ray Vaughan died. This one was even worse. I know it sounds so weird, but when I heard he'd passed, the pain was visceral. He was one of a kind.

@KKGator When Mary Tyler Moore died , it hit me harder that I thought it would . when something takes you by surprise , it has a bigger affect .

I like this one too!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20144
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.