Agnostic.com

17 1

Who's your Hollywood Icon or pin up?

I love old Hollywood as I grew up watching those movies. I know it was a tough and difficult environment to survive, but in old Hollywood, who would be your icon or pin up? For me, my icons are Bette Davis, Marilyn Monroe, Ava Gardner and Lauren Bacall to name a few. My pin up Omar Sharif.

Vic47 6 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, he certainly could NOT be called a pin-up, but going quite far back, I guess I'd have say W.C. Fields. That guy cracked me up. One of my fave quotes/lines attributed to him went something like this, a friend found Fields sitting with an open Bible once, and said, "Why, Bill, you old reprobate, what are you doing reading the Bible?" To which Fields allegedly answered, "Looking for loopholes." The man was funny.

Kim Basinger dribble lol and I love Robert Dinero

Gave Kim a taxi ride while she was filming in Austin TX. Back a while ago....

she is delicious

Although there are others, and he's been around a while, he's one of my first. Plus I think he's still got it. Robert Redford

The first pinup I fought my cousin for was Raquel Welch.

Now Eva Green... she will be in my Next Rendition of my Hollywood Wall.... yeah in my last apartment in Jacksonville FL, I had a Hollywood wall with Marilyn Monroe, Ava Gardner, Dorothy Dandridge, Helen Mirren, Salma Hayek, Susan Hayward, Jane Russell, Sofia Loren, Hale Barrie, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jane Mansfield and my mother. I got enough now for a Marilyn Monroe wall plus the hollywood wall.

Natasha Kinsky.

Brad Pitt has been my pinup (though I don't have posters or pictures) since I was introduced to him in the movie Thelma and Louise.

I think it might be the first time washboard abs were featured on film? That was hot.

Heddy Lamarr!

Steve Mcqueen

I'm sure I'd have one if I could remember the names of any.

ICONS:
Jim Belushi
Steve McQueen
Clint Eastwood

PINUPS:
Jane Fonda
Cheryl Ladd
Ann Margret
Jennifer Love-Hewitt
Cate Blanchett

I did have a pinup of Jane at one time. And even found one from the same shoot, but not quite the same
and of course the ubiquitous "Playboy of the Month", for whatever month it was...

Racy then, pretty tame nowadays.

my brother had that Jane pinup. it was racy then

Earliest male icon was John Wayne, of course. And Jerry Lewis.
As I got older, I came to enjoy the easy coolness of William Powell (The Thin Man) and especially Cary Grant. And I want to dance like Fred Astaire.
Patty Duke was the first woman I can remember having a crush on. Then Barbara Eden. JULIE NEWMAR AS CAT WOMAN! Raquel Welch. And the show stopper, Anne Margaret. Wowza. And any of Josie or her Pussycats.

Man, I wish I could dance like Astaire. Did you know Cary Grant was an LSD fanatic? Took it over/around 100 times, supposedly. You ever watch the Youtube videos of "old-time dancers dancing to UPTOWN FUNK? Really fun vid, check it out if you haven't seen it.

@Condor5 Oh, heck yeah. love that video. Did NOT know about Cary/acid. Like him even more!

When I was 12, I had a big crush on Gene Kelly. I loved his smile. He was my first love...lol. After that I loved William Holden....Bridge on the River Kwai (sp)? I think it had something to do with the muscles in his arms. Hahaha. He was my hero for a while.

Always a fan of Lauren Bacall, I liked her look and her attitude.

Elizabeth Taylor was stunning

Two in one with this clip.
My icon is Cary Grant. And Kate Hepburn might be a close second.

I'm not a big fan of Hollywood types, but if a Paul Newman look-alike walked through my door, I probably wouldn't send him away. Although he is not old school, if Colin Farrell walked through my door, I would probably faint. He is pretty much sex on a stick. 😕

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20206
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.