Agnostic.com

26 1

Where would you live?

If money were not an object, and you had to decide where to build your dream home, what location would you choose? And why?

• 34 votes
  • 21 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 6 votes
  • 12 votes
LucifersPen 7 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

On a mountain side, in upstate NY.....

Ocean, I grew up walking to the beach in Rio...the joke is we learn how to swim before walking. So by the ocean .

I'd like the mountains or hills with an unobstructed ocean view.

Lol! I wanted to be able to pick both as well!!

Would that be a sea cliff?

@LucifersPen No, more gradual hills. I want to be able to easily walk down to the water. Similar to where I am now but with an unobstructed view and more land.

@shockwaverider: This would be cool, but yeah, that first step to the water would be a doozie!

I live in the mountains and like it fine.

gearl Level 8 Feb 1, 2018

I live by the ocean and like it fine 🙂

In a forested area near a stream or lake.

For me it would definitely be somewhere near the ocean. There's nothing more soothing than the sound of waves to fall asleep to. Also, the scenery and weather is always changing. I love it when the fog rolls in. Ideally, I would love to live in a lighthouse.

I live in a coastal town less than 5 miles from the coast as the crow flies and about 7 to drive.

I used to live on the beach many years ago and I loved it but I can't afford the insurance premiums to live out there any longer LOL

I will probably never live more than an hour from the beach.

I like where we live. 55 miles to the ocean, and 55 miles to the mountains. Don't have to live in the snow, but can go skiing. At the ocean they get 110 inches of rain, and storms with very high winds, here we get 40 inches, and less violent storms.

At 61, I'm kind of beyond the "dream home" concept, but if money were no object and I didn't have to negotiate with anyone, I'm partial to the mountains. My wife would say no, she wants to live in an urban setting, so that settles that. Fortunately I can be happy / content most anyplace.

I voted for in the city..with climate change the ocean will come to me eventually.

In a forest!

The ocean is rising so the mountains are safer as long as there is water

jeffy Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

In a third world country, in a small comfortable hut. I would be a philanthropist and try to help as many of the wretched poor on this planet as much as what money I had could do.

I love the mountains. I love the city, but the ocean is special. It speaks to me. It calls me with its siren song. Other bodies of water are nice but something about the ocean, long walks on the beach at dawn or sunset, beautiful days or storms churning up the water, waves crashing, the salt air, the endless expanse, the changing tides...

I love the ocean but can’t afford the live there. I also love the desert and am well paid, so I take frequent trips to the ocean.

If money were no object I’d live in the Bay Area.

I put other for me it is close to the mountains and the ocean, I can hear the ocean and swim to it, and I can walk to the mountains. I would like more, but this is fine.

I'd live in a mid century modern ranch near the ocean. For now, I will continue to squeak by in my less than ideal colonial in the frozen tundra.

a rolling home, please!

I live in Tampa Florida.

We've got Tampa Bay as well as the Gulf of Mexico here on the West coast of Florida.

The Atlantic Ocean is on the other side of Florida (about 80 miles east). I assumed that "By The Ocean" can include the Gulf of Mexico, so I did select that.

Any body of water large enough to generate storms I would count 😉

Right where I am. LOVE my house, love my neighborhood, love my city.

The best =

• Mountain folk
  • Mountain culture
  • Neighbors >1 mile away

(Impassable roads suck.)

Not just in the mountains, but the forested mountains.

Along the upper Lake Michigan coast near Benzie MI. Like the ocean without sharks or salt water.

I say other because I want a home bace in sedona az and travle to all the other places

Sedona is quite beautiful, as is Flagstaff and Winslow.

Somewhere near the ocean and away from a large population center. I haven't traveled enough to say what country that might be in, but probably not the U.S.A.

The ocean or a river

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20260
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.