Agnostic.com

28 3

How do you see youself in 5 years?

More one for the older members maybe. I notice many members are like myself, single, looking but not really looking. In my case I would say less looking and more open to someone coming along. Many of us seem happy enough and settled in our lifestyles, maybe no room for a partner? So, 2023 I will be turning 65, hopefully still active, no doubt more grey. I moved 5 years ago, can't see myself doing that again for a while, would like to think I am still driving and still outdoors a lot. Doesn't appear that I will be a grandparent. anyone have any thoughts? I just wonder at all the things I haven't thought about but should.

Rugglesby 8 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hopefully, still breathing, and in a mirror.

With the recent sampling of political leaders, I am renewing my youthful plan of taking over the world. If the trumpling can be president, and Kim can have his own country, I figure in 5 years I should be able to be the Global Grand Exalted High Pooba HMFIC! Cuz you gotta have goals.

I'm in. Call me if you want a hand with your strategies.

@Rugglesby See, I'm already better at Australia/US relations!

@JohnnyThorazine Better than both current leaders combined, now is the most strained I have ever seen the relations between our countries.

@Rugglesby And, We The People, have no idea why. Ugh. I think, maybe, our leadership is only validated by the enemies they make.

@JohnnyThorazine Well it is only the politicians who have the problem, my daughter was in the USA before xmas, my son the year before and we have had their friends come back and visit us here. Lots of fun was had by all and lots of strange sayings were swapped around, y'all. They got to take back heaps, as in "heaps" the girls who came thought that was extremely amusing.

@Rugglesby I had an Australian girlfriend years ago...and quite a few Australian friends...I would by my girlfriend 'Fosters' just to piss her off...haha...I don't even get the point of our politicians...it seems like simple disrespect toward your country on our side. I don't know a lot about your politicians....and by 'a lot', I mean next to nothing.

I can't even picture myself five days from now....

Receiving my state pension and growing older disgracefully.

Hopefully with my eyes if they're still working 🙂

If I were to answer this a short month ago, my answer would be completely different. Life has a way of throwing curve balls, doesn't it? With that in mind, I would like to be living someplace warmer, looking forward to retiring, and having all three happy, healthy children graduated from college. Maybe I'll even be a grandma, but that may be further down the road. Other than that, I'm going to take it as it comes.

I will be celebrating the 5 year anniversary of leaving this comment.

I hope I have less pain, but I will be happy if I am breathing, and still have a brain😉

With my witness to my life if I am lucky. If I am not... looking for the witness to my life.

Well... on the road with my wife just seeing the country...lol

In the next five years I'd like to be self employed, debt-free, traveling way more, and maybe working on owning a home close to a beach.

I hope still alive.

With a mirror.

I’d like to be in a position to either cut my hours to part time or take 1 week off work every month. I’m surprisingly content with the path I’m on now.

Splitting my retirement time between Florida and Pennsylvania...hopefully with a companion.

I lost the ability to "look ahead" to my own future over a decade ago, when I became convinced that the rest of my life would involve incurable debilitating pain.

I beat the pain about a year ago, but my ability to look ahead hasn't grown back yet.

well done on sorting the pain, now to plan the future.

Possibly deceased, but I won't know anything about it.

The way I do now. I look in the mirror.

Older mostly.

Still alive!

I'll be 75 I imagine my back will be worse and I'll have to be braver about that - I am an artist so as long as my hands don't give up the ghost I'll be able to still make my sculptures and play around with different materials - At the moment I do a lot of washing ironing and mending for money for charity - When I get to £100.00 I ask anyone where they want to to go to - Thats something that keeps me busy and active.I do enjoy watching crime serials on T.V and love reading so hopefully htere will always be something to amuse me .

I see myself playing the harp, with angel wings in heaven.

If I make it that far (I suspect I probably will), I will most likely see myself reflected in a mirror and die of shock. 2023 I'll turn 83 in November. One of the good things about having been born in a nice, simple, decade year is that it makes it easy to know how old you are without having to use fingers and toes.

Pretty much the same though it would be nice to have my art recognised and to find a lady friend

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20380
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.