Agnostic.com

41 6

Would you be afraid to spend a few nights in the Amityville horror house?

Most of us non-believers don't believe in anything supernatural. Would it creep you out to spend the night in a "haunted house" such as the Amityville horror house?

So, would you spend the night...?

• 50 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 11 votes
silvereyes 8 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

can't be any scarier than the Motel 6.

I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts!

I have no doubt it was a hoax. I'd have ho qualms about staying there. The movies were sensationalized, but the original claims were incredibly mild by comparison — and it seems that the goal of the owners was to back out of their purchase. Regardless, I'd have no problem sleeping anywhere (as long as it's clean, quiet, and reasonably comfortable).

As long as it has heat. I've been freezing lately.

When i was 16 or 17 we would regularly hangout in the cemetery where night of the living dead was filmed. Even though i have some anecdotal evidence that is paranormal in nature (not from the cemetery), I'm sure there will be a time when this has a logical explanation.

One of my friends was the night caretaker at a cemetery, my others friends and I would go hang out with him and party.

The only reason I voted no way is, why? With so many other great places to go why waste my time?

Maybe if.
There was a comfy bed, a nice tv with Netflix, and good food, beer or something to drink.

I've been to the house and seen it from the outside. That was probably about 35 years ago.
It has since been completely remodeled and hardly resembles the house as it was when the
murders occurred. If someone made it worth my while, I'd go for it. I really don't believe in
most of that supernatural stuff anyway.

And apparently neither do the people that remodeled it! haha

When I was a kid, a friend and I noticed taillights of passing cars looked like glowing red eyes on the window of a vacant house in the neighborhood. We made up a whole ghost story about that and had all the neighbor kids talking about it after we "proved" the ghost with red eyes was in the house. We never told them the truth - we probably could have started our own religion. 🙂

jeffy Level 7 Feb 2, 2018

I would do it, and yes to be honest, there would be fear. That story scared me when I was young.

Oops, I answered the headline question instead of the question at the end of post, so subtract 1 from no way column and add to maybe, if... column. My if would be if I had my girl with me, if there was comfortable furniture/good sleeping arrangements, and if I had some weed. Damn, I’m a pothead...

I would hook up a webcam to this site and end the debate once and for all.

I think the people living there might not appreciate it though..."Hey, mind if I use your tooth brush?"...they would wish for the demons to come back.

I definitely do not believe in the claims of the author.He just capitalized on a horrific incident

There's nothing scary about it and the film was cool.

I would, but only with friends.

I'm well aware the Amityville story is a load of claptrap and I don't believe in the supernatural. However, when alone at night in a spooky place, there's always that little part of my mind that says "That's all very well, but you've been wrong before..."

Jnei Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

I only say no because I grew up 7 miles from it and I know people that will mess with you if you stay there. And I hate staying in random houses.

Sure why not, hell I'll up the ante and spend a whole week there. Provided there is nothing set up by other people to trick people and the house is left as is, I'm not afraid nor do I expect anything beyond maybe a weird dream to happen.

I ain't no scaredy cat!

I voted no way because I thought I was clicking on nope, not scared. Have no idea how to change my vote

No problem. The whole ghost thing was a hoax. I've lived in a few "haunted" houses and while a few things scared me, I know nothing actually supernatural was going on.

I remember watching one of those TV ghost shows, about a house near the Cielo drive house in LA of the 1969 Manson murders, where lots of ghosts were regularly spooking the living bejeesus out of the owner (Right). Anyway, there was this ghostologist with a ghostometer, an expert of ghosts, he said, and he made this comment that the place was so riddled with paranormal behaviour that, and I quote, "I would not stay the night here for a million dollars!". And I thought, yeah I'd like to put that to the test. Here's a million bucks..... Honestly these people are so full of s--t. How can people believe this sort of stuff.

He probably meant it too! That would expose him as a fraud and possibly cost him far more than a million over his life of fleecing people.

I lived in a haunted house when I was a child. Now, the house I lived in was haunted by a 6yr old, but I doubt that house would bother me.

Why tempt fate? Maybe if someone was with me but not alone.

I most definately would not, just too much negative energy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20494
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.