Agnostic.com

14 1

Ancient Aliens.

What is your opinion about the show Ancient Aliens? It's on Hulu and I've been binging it. Seems to make sense at times but at times it's reeaacching. I find it quite interesting.

ilovemonkeybutt 5 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fascinating to study in depth. I don't know about the tv show, I've only seen a few episodes. But at times the build onto the works of Zechariah Sitchin and I've followed him since he was first sent to decipher the dead sea scrolls and translate Sumerian clay tablets, hieroglyphs and cuneiform writtings from Mesopotamia.

Read my Bio text. I've read the Earth Chronicles, 7 book set by Sitchin. 3 compannion books about it, Genesis Revisited, Divine Encounters (highly recommended!) And even the Lost Book of Enki, dictated to a Sumerian scribe by Enki himself. It makes a hell of a lot of sense out of a whole lot of otherwise mystical events, artifacts and even relatively recent discoveries in space.

(See my bio for a beginning. )

I find ancient alien stuff fun to read/watch but that's pretty much it. It's a story they take care to fit all the places of together in a neatly organised whole, like a story version of those 'strangely satisfying' videos.

i can't watch stuff like that. it makes me so sad that it exists, especially on a network that used to have some value to it. did it get bought by religionists or something? you used to be able to see actual historical documentaries there.

g

Fun series, but that's about it. Some possibly plausible theories, but mostly just a bunch of far fetched nonesense. Who would visit this backwater shithole of a planet located at the ass end of the universe anyway?

That's when the History Channel became history at my house.

Absolutely hate that ridiculous show. My SO likes it and thinks some of the “theories” are plausible. Ugh. If you watch closely, the real scientists interviewed only give background information (history, location, definitions, etc.). All the outrageous speculations put forward in the show are given by “authors”. It’s a bit of an insult to anthropologists and archaeologists (and other scientists) who have done actual scientific research. Are those “theories” possible? Sure, if you try to fit your ideas into the evidence.

Fun to watch. Interesting concept, but must take everything with a grain of salt.

Gohan Level 7 Oct 20, 2018

I haven't seen it. Calling bullshit anyway. Because ancient aliens... bullshit! Common sense ☺️

Just count how many "qualifiers" are in every paragraph...words like might be, would be, could be, is it ... (possible) .maybe, perhaps, etc etc etc...just babbling and babbling with useless conjecture. You have so much free time?

Interesting but it is always reaching. I studied this sort of things for over 20 years. It sounds good if you do not want to believe in a god. Ancient Aliens will take you in a circle just like UFO study will. You finally find yourself back at the point that you got into it at. Interesting but I have no evidence of aliens the same as I have no evidence of gods.

It's all around you.I hope you don't still think that primitive humans built the World's many megalithic sites, that the Great Pyramid was a tomb and all that stupid stuff.

@Infomaniac I'm amazed at what gullible people will believe.

@DenoPenno ditto.

It amazes me what gullible people will believe.

JimG Level 8 Oct 20, 2018

When my god belief left all things supernatural had to leave also. Without evidence I have no belief. I can easily go along with ideas that civilization might have been around much longer than we had previously thought. We should look for such evidence.

@DenoPenno there is interesting evidence that ancient civilizations may have been more technologically advanced than we believe them to be. It is quite possible that civilization has been around longer than we're aware of. If they were agrarian in nature and built with biodegradable materials, it would be more difficult to find them. Adding to the difficulty is the fact that later settlements may have been built over them.

@JimG Exactly so.

I haven't seen it. If it's about the Anunnaki, I find that fascinating. Especially how they often link it closely to the ancient civilisation in Sumer. But maybe Graham Hancock is correct about ancient civilisation being much older than is generally accepted. If so, that would give humanity much more time to learn the skills we were told were given to them in a relatively short period of time by the 'men of fame'.

I've seen every episode and have all the past seasons on DVD. I've been trying to travel to most places they talk about and see things first hand. I also have pretty much every book by every author who has been on the show. Yeah....I'm a fan 🙂
It's nice to envision.... (but some of their theories fall apart under closer examination)

The truth is out there.

Yes, it is, but "the truth" is Out-there, way out there. Way beyond the box so to speak. Most people can't believe the truth even when told and a myriad of archeological evidence exists. The truth is a lot harder to believe than the lies we are constantly told. Way beyond what even religious folks believe. Isn't that odd, that so many can believe in a concept like god, but not in E.T.s? One and the same. If you took a bic lighter that far back in time our ancestors might have called you a god.

I've never seen it, but given the chance I would watch it. I imagine it's every bit as hilarious as Von Daniken.

Jnei Level 8 Oct 20, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:205200
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.