Agnostic.com

10 6

I am supposed to be on vacation having a good time but Devin Nunes memo is upsetting me. Is anyone else as upset about the partisan uproar as I am? I feel we are heading for a constitutional crisis. Anyone else?

sassygirl3869 9 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This guy I follow on Email, & he's always on the ball with wing-nuts. The Title of the article is :
Why the Nunes Memo is a Dud

[patheos.com]

Dougy Level 7 Feb 7, 2018

It's all just a matter of time. The memo is just another nail in Trumps coffin

I would love to have your confidence, but I worry...It's not over until it's over. Just like the election he should never have come close to winning. With enough crooked defenders on his side, he could get away with an awful lot. Congress still has to act, regardless of how damning Miller's finding are. :/

@MikeInBatonRouge I agree with most of your comment. However I believe the 2018 elections will put an end to the republicans backing of Trump. That election is the hammer to drive the nails.

@MikeInBatonRouge. I think you are absolutely right, but we have to get out the vote and get busy coming election time; volunteer, knock on doors, get friend involved. Remember Franklin “A republic if you can keep it.”

Agreed. Voter turnout, AND somehow undoing the Russian interference that is sure to continue to get worse, all while pseudo-conservatives in government try to pretend it is a non-issue.

I am concerned by the entire circus. The memo, itself, is a big fat nothing-burger, but that does not mean that it won't be used as a flimsy excuse to try to end the investigation. Most disturbing is how complicit many congressional Republicans are in the Potus disgusting scheme. There is no reason for Trump to have gotten so worked up about the Mueller investigation as to have taken such extreme actions trying to derail it. No reason, that is, unless he is scared of what is likely to be revealed. Every action he has taken in response to this obstruction of justice investigation appears to be another attempt to obstruct! He is so blatant about it. The fact many are bent on pretending this is reasonable behavior is a testament to how corrupt the whole system has become.

I'm not upset about the memo, concider the source. What is very disturbing is the media NOT letting it alone - the facts and backstory on this thing are way more important and the media is not making it clear this thing is really a NON- issue. We should be more upset that trump refuses to impose the VETO proof sanctions that were voted on by both houses.

It seems like people are seeking "something different" rather than finding out the truth. I offer this advice: if you feel that the government should fall...stand before Congress and request a "no confidence vote". It is permissible according to Roberts Rules of Order. You can also stand before the Haudenosaunee, and request assistance from the Iroquois.

I save 20 cents per gallon from the Seneca of 5 Nations in Fingerlakes. ...the stolen land known as New York

I'm from Syracuse. Never been to the reservation.

Thomas Jefferson felt that, due to constant changes in our society we would need a periodical revolution. Fortunately, the only serious one was the Civil War. Unless there are big changes on both the conservative and liberal perspectives there will be violence. Remember, right now we have the highest incarceration rate in the developed world and the highest gun death rate. Blood is already being spilled. If the stock market crashes that could be the start.

Actually, this is what the nut-job religionist want and are pushing. It is supposed to portend the "end times".

Kind of makes living on a island somewhat comforting!

Today I have been thinking of riots in the street if Trumpty Dumpty fires Rosenstein.

Women and minorities were in major revolt 1960's and it took 666 Ronald Wilson ReaGUN with Phyllis Schafly to roll back Ralph Nader and Gloria Steinem

@sassygirl3869 Sometimes that is what it takes to wake up the DUH politicians.

@GreenAtheist When are women and minorities going to learn, religion does not improve their lot in life?

Those who try to fulfill prophecy , lack faith in it . If it is to come to pass , then they should have faith that it will , without assistance . I think they are in denial about their faith & the values they profess .

@JackPedigo the organizers of the 1963 National Mall March and speeches were many Atheists keeping the coalitions of xians muslims jews native Americans Feminists and authors all focused and brief MLKjr is given all the credit

@GreenAtheist But he was sticking his neck out (which got him killed) and got all the credit. I think it is easier for people to focus on one person instead of a group. Things have changed, though with BlackLivesmatter and the MeToo movements.

It does seem like the lines separating our branches of government are getting blurred.

BLURRED?!?! they done been ground in the mud of the swamp.

So far it seems as though the memo is making nunes look foolish. But you never know ???

I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'm just watching to see what sort of crap they try to pull while we're paying attention to the meaningless noise. Constitutional crisis? I doubt that. It'll take more than a memo to trigger that, given we haven't had one already.

Phil Graham repealing Glass Steagal and slick Willie signing the hand written margin note midnight Senate voice vote THAT UPSET ME so called legalization of too big to fail banks stealing train loads of cash 2007-2009...Heidi Cruz personally stole many millions and promptly bought her gangster husband Raphael Cruz Junior alias Ted a Texas US Senate seat 2014

repealing Glass Steagall was the last nail holding banking and wall st. in check and lead directly to the financial melt down starting in 2005.

@silverotter11 thank you 4 the ditto

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20548
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.