Agnostic.com

26 8

Aggressive, angry and violent Christian?

One of the worst things happened to my cousin today when she was leaving work and a strange man approached her with a pamphlet, spreading the message that god love her. My cousin refused the pamphlet in a respectful way because she kindly told him that she didn’t share the same belief. Out of nowhere, this man literally snapped and attacked her physically by punching her in the face and seemed to be very upset that she rejected his god by telling her ,” How dare she reject someone who would give their life for her.” What an ungrateful bitch and heretic she was and that she would burn in Hell forever for rejecting the truth and the only way. The good news is, is he was arrested for assault after she pressed charges and she was treated for injuries he caused her to the face. I just returned home with her from the hospital and needless to say that she is still doing very well, but still shook up about the whole thing. I don’t understand what could drive someone to react in the kind of uncalled for behavior in such vicious manner I’m still quite upset by this and still haven’t cooled down. I just needed to come on here and vent because I know on here I am safe to express my feelings about religions of all kinds and the poison and control they have on mankind.

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Religious faith is a mental illness. It's rooted in delusion, and delusion is a symptom of mental illness. I'm glad your cousin is going to be okay, and the perpetrator has been caught.

There is no hate like christian love.

Thought I would try to share a utube picture. Cheer you up. Nothing much gets to me.

Lol thank you! I showed my cousin his and it brightened up her night, too. She really enjoyed it. You should check out this song.

Gawd, I miss that guy!

@Condor5 I do, too!

Reading that... Really pissed me off.
If I was a bystander and saw that shit, that guy would be unconscious.

a little louder than necessary
"Violence is never a solution!"

wink, wink; thumbs up

@stinkeye_a Not the answer... True...
But it sure as shit can be fun laying someone out who deserves it.
Haha

No, sometimes it IS the answer. This person has been allowed to do this with little to no repercussion (I would bet cash that he'd done that before). Stomping his ass and making damn sure he understood reactionary, hypocritical behavior like that would not be tolerated would send a message to more than just him. Bullies will bully as long as they are allowed.

@thekodiak33 There was a time I would have disagreed with you, that violence is never an answer. 'Christian ethics' has caused me to change that view, largely because of the argument you present.

I can tell you that I have evangelical cousins and I'd not put such behaviour past them. They're nuts.

What better way to show god's love than to beat up some one smaller, weaker, and completely no threat at all to you.

Wow...probably wouldn't have happened to a weight lifter male. Religion is very attractive to the mentally ill. That was awful.

He was arrested?

GOOD.

I hope your cousin makes a full recovery, and isn't troubled by her experience in any lasting way.

The man who did this to her was a complete CUNT.

An insecure compete cunt at that.

He's part of the Amurikan Taliban..just like the orginal in Afghanistan..and just as violent, as your cousin, sadly experienced today. I'm sorry she was attacked.

Somehow some people perceive this type of behavior as being passionate about their savior.

That's how religion in general sees it.

I'm a bastard - but that's because I love my god! It makes me a fine and upstanding supporter of my faith and its values. Aren't I wonderful?

Someone who worships another god is a bastard - that's because they are foul, sinful, corrupt pagans and (probably) terrorists at heart! Bet they're also a different skin colour from me, and they're actively trying to get into the US. Probably have sex with children too - but not, of course, in the 'nice and acceptable' way that people of my own faith have sex with children.

Someone tells me that I am a bastard - they're INFRINGING MY RELIGIOUS RIGHTS! How dare they? I demand my absolute right to morally judge, hurl abuse and threat, and generally be a cunt. Anyone who says I should actually be - well - nice to people must be a worshipper of the devil himself, or an atheist, or a scientist, or all three!

More than religion wrong with that dude. Insane in the membrane!

You lead an infinitely more exciting life than I do, Emerald. Anyway, the guy is obviously mentally deranged. Was he shabbily dressed and unkempt? At least it's good he's in custody.

"True believers" are capable of almost anything if their ideology is challenged or disparaged.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
? Voltaire

That man has serious issues. I grew up in a fundamentalist church. Eventhough these right wing Christians are insufferable and obnoxious, it is very unusual for one to become physically violent. This guy needs to be locked up.

My theory is that Christianity doesn't change people at all, one way or the other, but jerks often use it as an excuse to be even worse, and good people continue to be good people as Christians, although others might give their beliefs the credit for it.

People who tell stories about being "saved" and how they're now "changed" and "good" usually really mean that they now don't dance, go to movies, wear make up, or do some other silly religious thing that has nothing to do with anything.

I wish your "theory" that Christianity doesn't change people was substantiated by facts but religion (not just Christianity) has been linked to brain health/state changes. I have spend hundreds of hours debating (teaching) Christians about the evils of their religion and can assure you for most, there is a great disability for them to process facts that contradict their faith based beliefs. [scientificamerican.com]

@NoMagicCookie By "change" I meant in the way it is used by religious people..for the better. As in, "I was saved and now I'm changed, and I love everyone and everything is great!"

@birdingnut I find your example of "change. . . . . for the better" to be for the most part unbelievable. I actively work to enlighten (free people from the nonsensical dogma of religion) and have successfully moved several from the darkness of superstition and fear to the light of truth and reason. All of those I moved (from Catholicism) into the light of no religion have thanked me many times and all of them have told me how much better the world is for them because they are now free to accept everyone. Each of them told me when they were Catholics, they were taught to be afraid of non-Catholics, as those that are not Catholic are not loved by god like god loves Catholics. Their church also taught them to fear and hate gays. By the indoctrination of the church, they were also taught to fear burning in hell forever. Several years ago NPR did a wonderful radio show that interviewed three mothers (on Native reservations) that lost their gay boys to suicide. In every event they spoke of how before the Catholic church came, their culture accepted being gay and their sons were welcome. After the church began it's preaching about how being gay was an abomination and god hates abominations, their boys were subjected to beatings by those (newly created Christians that were once their friends) I still remember one mother crying while she reflected on how her son was stripped naked and beaten with baseball bats for being gay. Thanks you Christianity. You can believe this to be too evil to be true, only second hand stories, but I have debated Catholics that openly advocate killing gays because their god hates homosexuals. I could continue with several other instances demonstrating the "change" as a not healthy event but I think you get the point. If not, please feel free to disagree with my examples as insufficient and I will give you a few more examples that demonstrate the "change" is not a positive factor. I can believe a new "Christian" claiming everything is great etc. but once you read the bible, and discover; to please your god you are obligated to - - - follow this link and learn how much LOVE the bible teaches. [evilbible.com]

Oh hell I am so sorry to hear about that horrific attack on your cousin. Crazy! I hope she will recover physically and emotionally. Best wishes to your family

Crazy, crazy crazy!

Wow all i can say is that that guy is a religious sicko , i certainly hope your cousin is ok and that he get his ! What an asshole thing to do, totally evil

Yeah she’s pulling through it pretty well.

Thats good im glad to hear that

That's really sad. Good that police arrested him. Why is that the religious people get offended so easily?

Insecurities is all I can think of.

Are you in a super religious state/city? What a malevolent man!

Currently in Oklahoma and will be moving in a kit three to four months and I can’t wait.

Not that I want to make humorous remarks about what happened, but it is actually what religions all over the world do, mostly not on an individual scale thank whoever. I started to doubt religion when I realized what happened during the crusades. People can be fanatic and even violent in a retarded way by a belief system. I hope she will sue him for quite an amount.

Gert Level 7 Feb 4, 2018

I'm glad to hear this person is in police custody for his behavior. I believe that there are good Christians out there that aren't so strict and irrational like my parents and, perhaps, this man's parents. I've come to realize that it is not the religion, but the interpretation of the religion by the parents that do children emotional harm.

Where was Jesus?

This is terrible. Surely not all American religious believers act like this. Seems like a country to avoid.

I guess a local reporter would have a field day with this, your cuz prolly has a story to sell them even!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20567
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.