Agnostic.com

80 13

What's a good romantic gift someone could give you?

Other than bedroom stuff, I think men are a bit harder (pun???)to get romantic gifts for. Once I made my husband a CD of songs I thought he'd like. They were hard rock songs, but the gesture was romantic-ish. ; )

Women, do you like flowers? I don't care to get them. I'd rather them in a pot then cut, because I have to watch them wither and die.

Fruit flowers, maybe? Or, just fruit will do! But, I don't prefer food. The very best romantic gift for me is probably a back massage with lotion of course!

What would be an amazing gift for you?

silvereyes 8 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

80 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't know about other women on this site but in both of my long term relationships sex was never an issue so it's not like they ever lacked. That said I was the cook, cleaner upper, clothes washer, etc and on a couple of occasions the BEST gift would have been a full body massage and then just let me drift off to sleep with no further participation on my part. (pisst, I won't be asleep long so just wait) LOL

So, my serious answer cuts both ways, giving and receiving: I don't like the ostentatious gifts that are supposed to be romantic, which just seem like such a waste. I figure if there's something I want, I'll buy it; and if there's something you want, you can buy it. But the one thing I can't buy is your time. So, the ideal gift to give or receive, for me, is one of shared experience: tickets to a show the other person wants to see, or a hiking day or camping weekend, or a sporting event, or anything that involves sharing time together.

Art classes for you both to attend?

Fidelity, to start.

Time and attention. Everything else is gravy.

My love language is Acts of Service. The most effective way to get in my pants is to clean my house or change my oil!

Bacon, or food in general....but yea bacon

supercrispy

The most romantic gift someone can give to me is their time and attention. Nothing is more loving to me.

A cigar, a bottle of scotch and some lets have sex music.

A video game or a T-shirt in my size with Pokemon on it.

easy

The only thing I want from a woman is her heart.

Ooh, flowers! I'd love some tiger lilies, maybe with some ferns. Any kind of live plant (potted) would be wonderful. Chocolate, particularly coconut-filled would be the best. As for something a little more longer-lasting, maybe some candles or incense with a new book.

yes live plants.I have a cactus given to me 40 years ago I am quite fond of it

words on paper.

I had a girlfriend buy me a guided tantric massage a few years back. That was an unforgettable experience. I wouldn't mind getting another one.

[en.wikipedia.org]

A steelhead fishing rod, and reel🙂

Sorry, but for me it would be bedroom stuff. I am almost 60 and in my whole life, no-one has ever brought me breakfast in bed. When newly married I did it often for me ex, Mothers day even before we had kids, anniversary, her birthday, she never once reciprocated. I have done it since for some other ladies, but never received. Even a lady preparing a romantic dinner would be nice, again, I have done often, never received, have had dinner at ladies homes, not often, but never anything out of the ordinary and certainly not in romantic style.

that would be easy

That's an excellent idea-massage-bayh for 2 with candkes-hot tub spa-my 1st husband and I had stereo and movies and Japanese food. Too bad the place closed.

sushi and sashimi and seaweed salad and sake

Their heart....

I would be flattered by non-materialistic things, in the name of a romantic gift. I'm at the point of realization when I know there is nothing materialistic that I can't get for myself. I will treasure my lady, as if she is the gift, I have always wanted. Her best gift to me would be to accept mine and mimic the efforts.

One Christmas my wife got me a cnc rotary table for my mill. Lol, made me cry.

Thats a good question. People always buy other people shit they like first, then think about the person if they would like it and half the time, they don't. Its always smart to take someone shopping and let THEM pick out the jewelry, or perfume, or clothes they like. Then go back and get it later. I like dam near anything out of a headshop... romantic or not, I can turn into something romantic, just give me a few minutes to think about it. 😉

It's important to remember your significant other throughout the day. The little things in a relationship are very important. There are ways of keeping the romance going. It's about putting the other person first. Romance goes both ways. We all want to be thought of.
See's chocolate would get me every time. Always love the flowers . 🙂

I dated a woman who had been so disillusioned that she told me she didn't like getting flowers as a gift because most of the times she got flowers it's because the guy did something wrong.

An amazing gift for me? Rocky Road ice cream? Lol

I honestly want a dremel.

I agree that a long massage would be great. But to take a shower together and at some point look into my eyes and pull my head toward hers for a kiss. An afternoon nap. Dinner together later... It just takes my mind off concerns for awhile... I can't think of anything nicer, sweeter, better.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.