Agnostic.com

80 13

What's a good romantic gift someone could give you?

Other than bedroom stuff, I think men are a bit harder (pun???)to get romantic gifts for. Once I made my husband a CD of songs I thought he'd like. They were hard rock songs, but the gesture was romantic-ish. ; )

Women, do you like flowers? I don't care to get them. I'd rather them in a pot then cut, because I have to watch them wither and die.

Fruit flowers, maybe? Or, just fruit will do! But, I don't prefer food. The very best romantic gift for me is probably a back massage with lotion of course!

What would be an amazing gift for you?

silvereyes 8 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

80 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One time Stu and I got really drunk, and because she got really bad hangovers and I never get hungover at all, I left her place before she woke up and drove around her whole city getting all of the various food and drink items that she likes as hangover cures so they'd all be at her fingertips when she woke up. Don't know if that's romantic, or just a nice thing to do.
For her birthday in Jamaica, I went outside before she woke up and got the kittens (one of which I'm holding in my profile pic) because we always talked about how waking up to kittens walking around on you is the best way to wake up.
I always tried to surprise her by going way out of my way or sacrificing sleep and such just to get to see her even if it was only for a really short period of time. One Valentine's Day when it was highly unlikely that our work schedules were going to allow us to see each other, I showed up on her door with several pounds of king crab legs just so we could have a quick (amazing) dinner together.

I don’t want to be blunt, but the answer is you. That’s the best gift you can give him.

Love.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 3, 2018

Anything made out of handcrafted genuine leather. Particularly in the form of the sheath for a high carbon steel Damascus wilderness knife.

I was going to say, Warm oil and hands to apply. The laying on of hands is a real thing!

A 1974 Triumph TR6 in British racing green. With a tan leather interior.

I think a romantic gift is something considerate to the person, like a rare book by a favorite author or a CD by a band they like, a handsome shirt or gift card to a restaurant they like, but flowers is also sweet. So is making them a favorite food.

Herself. That is what I would give her. It is equivalent exchange.

I rarely gave actual gift to my (ex) girlfriends. In that case, I usually gave them symbolic presents (e.g., a bottle of a particular spirit remaining a special day, bottle that is then shared). Typically, my idea of gifts are experiences, such as a weekend escape in a near town in a romantic bnb. Or 3 hrs in a spa, expensive Japanese restaurants. These come to special occasions, such as graduations, bdays, anniversary, and so forth.

There is no 1 thing. To me (us when she was alive). Gift giving was continuous and it was not based on things. It was based on being open minded and trying things that one wouldn't normally try and seeing things from the partners perspective. One weird, funny example: She was Persian (that term took out some of the negative ideas about Iranians) and we all know how important certain images are to that culture. She would not be found in a thrift shop. I like thrift shops and she agreed to go to one. She ended up accepting their value and before she died she donated all her clothing to our local thrift shop. She even went further; here we have a take-it-or-leave-it at our local transfer station (dump). She would get things from there (our microwave and toaster oven came from there) and donate as well.

I know I am odd but isn't that weirdness which makes this site unique?

Bacon. Lots and lots of bacon. Same for Ammo and Beer, hopefully used in that order.

lifetime supply of leather gloves size small

Quality time, with phones OFF, possibly over a delicious meal, an outdoor outing, or both.

I am also girly enough to like dark chocolate and/or flowers (especially unusual types or those with a great fragrance).

Zster Level 8 Feb 3, 2018

A million dollars. My idea of romantic tends to have a practical edge to it, sorry 🙂

IOUs for massages or other things.

What makes a gift good is exactly what makes anything romantic. Give me something and the look on your face when you hand it to me and when I open it tells me what I mean to you.

I'm in retail so I have a cynical view of Valentine's day and always have so I cannot think of anything to answer this question LOL

I am so bad/good at romantic gifts. I remember things, but not dates, and I am always up front with that. But when it comes to gifts, it depends on the person. I made my last girlfriend a heart necklace. I bought one girlfriend a pink butterfly knife. I've missed a few times, but normally, I get it right. Oh, and the standards of dinner, sweets, etc. I remember finding raunchy sweet hearts...that was fun. Sex dice went over well. I even designed an intimate board game.

give me....haha....I am the worst to get anything for. The worst.

Give me some liquor and access to my tunes and I'm happy. Oh, and a nice kiss. I'm romantic like that.

A painting, drawing, or picture of us together happy

jeffy Level 7 Feb 3, 2018

other than bedroom stuff, I think the most romantic gift someone could give me, would be their time dedicated to things that I most geek out on. Record stores, breweries, etc. But at the end of the day, the back massage with lotion would do wonders!

So I wrote for her today...
most likely never to be seen by her
as we will enjoy valentine
on dance...
and bed may shake
we are going to partake
and yet to you I will expose
my latest take

matron goddess 2/2/18

I never knew when to leave you
didn't I?
even when by your account
your beauty as gotten old
yet...
how can I?

your voice got raspy
as you caught me
staring at your breast
while dinner waits
for us in the table
in the habitual cafe
after all...
the early seniors
already left

I never knew what to tell you
how can I?
even when you mad as a bull
well deserving strikes me in the arm
so...
didn't I?

your body has morphed
from a sculpture of desire
to a matriarcal madame
of some distant fame
wanting to forget
the glory of youth
and joys and laughter
of yesterday
are now gone
as water in drain

you are my matron goddess
the last that should had been the first
my tears rolling down my eyes
remembering the many ways
I hold on to you
for many reasons to no avail

we are not destined
to a hollywood ending
we both know
we have learned
at least not in this plane
we calling life
but we keep our fences mending
around the crumbled walls
of our hearts
didn't we?
as long we got the time
we play house
and act as couple
to the eyes of those
in the sidewalks
and malls
passed us by

too long on the charade
didn't us?

I look at our pictures
in the quest of doing me harm
so I can write songs about feelings
and poems about rhymes
and in search of healing
I can do everything
but turn back time
a vicious circle
enslaving my heart

didn't I?

did I ever
gave you more?
than I offer you today
in other words
I never intended
for us...
to be this close
in life
this late
still consider you...
nothing but a friend

how can I?

you are my matron goddess
the last that should had been the first
your tears rolling down the eyes
I so tenderly still caress
hold on to me
as if in our first date

for last time...
if I may

Hector L Martinez
Severn, MD

Your time .

A woman that I could fall in love with.Just been with the wrong ones.

Hoping for plants or good coffee.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.