Agnostic.com

12 2

Finding agnostic or atheist partners

Since the number of eligible partners is limited and smaller than the religious group

1. how do you find potential relationship partners? Where do you look besides this site?
  2. If it is in the general public, how do you bring up the subject of religion?
DeityfreeRo 6 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my area it's darn near impossible!

I'm on several dating sites and even though I am very explicit in stating that I am a liberal atheist, sadly many men don't actually read profiles. It usually becomes apparent pretty quickly if they're conservative. I think I could date someone who was a believer so long as they aren't super religious. I could never date a conservative though. Ever, ever, ever.

Any time I met a new person and they make it known that they base their attitudes and morals on religious texts, I do my best to distance myself from them almost immediately. (Unfortunately I can't do this with family) I have learned over the years that trying to have logical discourse with people of faith is pointless. Any time their ideological mores are challenged and they can't come up with a logical argument to support their belief system, they turn to a text codified by partisan clergy and politicians that has no basis in the modern world.

Thumper. That was my nickname given to me by an old girlfriend. That's true you can't have logical discourse with a religious person. Frustrating as he'll. They keep appealing to the spiritual or metaphysical whatever the he'll that means

I have stopped looking. Usually the religion thing comes up on their side of the conversation if they are a bible banger. Then for me it is move on down the road.

I'm almost to that point. If it happens it happens. If not,,,, well so what.

I am quite specific in my profiles on dating sites. Just ike on this one. Part of my profile follows:

"I am an Ally. My friends are gay, straight, bi, trans, poly, fluid… in other words, people. They do not, however, include narrow-minded bigots, adults with imaginary friends, or Trump supporters (am I being redundant?)."

Perfect !! Leaves no room for doubt.

I have no idea how anything works...

Now that's an Agnostic through and through! 😉

I heard that grocery stores and health clubs/ gyms are good. Didn't realize that women actually use those places to look for guys. When I heard that I realized a couple women had recently started a conversation with me in the store out of the blue. Dammit! What a dumbass! Didn't realize they were flirting. Sometimes I'm a little slow.

I only look in the dance floor. That removes a lot of questions.

If I work it out I will let you know.
Atheism is the least of my problems, Lifestyle is a bigger one for me.
I don't tick the right boxes for most women, I am not at all ambitious, I am not at all wealthy, I have minimal income, am overweight, don't have a flash car, not int any for of sport, not up to date with mainstream news, I don't even own a cardashian but then the climate is mild here and I don't need one. I need to find a site full of women looking for guys who match my description. If they can handle that, lack of religion won't be an issue surely.

I don't know a single soul who owns a cardashian, but maybe it's because I don't know what one is.

@astardrifter They seem to be very popular these days, my news email mentions them all the time/ I thought it was an article of clothing Bill Gates wears all the time, looks like his grandma knitted it for him. I clicked on a link once, just showed some woman with a fat arse, but she wasn't wearing one.

@Rugglesby lol

It's difficult on dating apps. The religious out number the atheists/agnostics.

Join some Meetup groups. I'm not single, but I still belong to some groups. There are lots of single women in the groups (more men though).

That doesn't surprise me in Texas

I met my girl through mutual a friend

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20716
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.