Agnostic.com

34 10

Name your hypocrisy

No matter how much we try to walk the walk, talk the talk, there is always something we are a little hypocritical about.

Are you willing to admit yours? If yes, what is it and how do you rationalize it?

Crimson67 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hate cruelty but eat meat

Closet Anarchist Politician. ...anarchy is voluntary society without force of law. ..another word falsely defined by xian dictionary fake writers like Atheism is falsely declared a denial of the alleged bible gawd. ...it is impossible to deny a nothing

I hate drivers that endanger fellow motorists.

When I encounter on behaving particularly badly, typically bigger vehicles [recently a semi, that was fun] severely tailgating tiny cars.

so, I "intervene"... distract them from who they were trying to intimidate... follow them home... that's what the cops told me... follow them. lol

I create a bad situation trying to end a worse one.

I was in that little blue car, hence my animosity... tempered with PTSD

I'm quite aware of the environmental necessity of certain measures. If they are taken, I applaud them and live with them, even when it costs a lot more. But I still drive an old Buick that swallows quite some gas although I would like an electric car. But I don't want to spend the money for it. I try to recycle as much glass and plastic as I can, but, so once in a while I still throw a plastic bottle in the general waste container, realizing that I should not. So I'm not so much a hypocrite towards others, but more towards myself.

Gert Level 7 Feb 3, 2018

Hypocrisy equals self delusion or cognitive dissonace?
I once called a whole country's pariament hypocritical ... and feared being gaoled for contempt. Fortunately a UN Human Rights Judge also agreed and they would have had to gaol her also.

I do not like discrimination against anyone, however I notice that I tend to ignore and not engage in conversation with anyone that I consider to have low intellect.

Never.

They should stop lethal injection and start using liquid nitrogen to euthanize death sentences. Would eliminate the cruel accusers.

@MrLizard freezing to death the nerves become paralyzed. It is super quick certain death.

@azzow2 evidence?

@MrLizard Thought since we created it the name could be cyrocide the act of sledging a convicts frozen corps.

I am going to grow more as a person I guess. I can't think of right now😟

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20739
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.